Updated the Midwest Track Day Calendar

iamnotgreg

Finally got around to adding all of the 2011 dates (of what is available)
I have all of the Mid-West dates for NESBA, but I will go back and add some dates from the nearby NESBA regions that are within somewhat close driving distance. I added the LCR Licensing clinics, Star school, and CLASS schools to it this year.

I know I and a handful of my friends subscribe to this calendar so we can view it in our iphones (or android/blackberry phones)

Tossed an embedded version up on a website just so people could also view without adding it (I have heard that some people do not have google accounts.. ??? :)

In any case. This includes dates from all of the different orgs and racing/riding schools that are coming to our area. I did not break it out so you can view only NESBA or any other org however I did put the name of the org as the first word in every description. I also included a link to the NESBA Event/Signup sheet for every one of their events.

Click the little +google on the bottom right to subscribe (don't worry it shouldn't fill your calendar with all the events, they all still reside in this calendar and you can turn it on or off your view on your phone or on the web)

Hope you guys and girls find this useful - can't wait to get out there in the spring. Guess this is my way of dealing with cabin fever.

http://cartmanism.com/trackdaycalendar/
PM or email me with any questions - I included a link to my email on the page.

See you all in the spring.

Greg

btw - from a privacy perspective I cannot tell who is using this calendar - I receive no notifications from google or in any other way.. Just in case anyone cares about such things. Feel free to share it. I had already invested the work in putting it together, I just figured better it get used than only be for me and a few people.

iamnotgreg

Side note - for more NESBA content
There's a picture of Nolan on it.. I'm not very graphically inclined but it seemed like it needed at least one picture - That's from my first NESBA day at ACC a couple years ago.
Good memories.

iamnotgreg

Stefan
Sure - have a kid in one hand now.. I'll get it later..
Side note if you like I can give you access to add events as well.

oh and thanks everyone. I hope it's helpful

iamnotgreg

Since a handful of friends asked for me to add AMA I embedded the AMA/WSB/BSB/MotoGP Calendar I use.. Mark Morrison from Ducati News Today maintains it but it's just an open google calendar like mine.

I don't know how to embed it here (and I am not going to muck things up by trying) but it is right below the Trackday/School/CCS one I have on the page.

iamnotgreg

Come on guys - STT is beating you.

(stats for last week)
sttforum.com 77 1.17 00:00:36 83.12% 89.61%
tracktalk.nesba.com 29 1.45 00:01:28 62.07% 72.41%
BTW I was wondering - would it be possible for someone from NESBA to let me know of any schedule additions/deletions? I will keep it up to date on the schedule but it would be really helpful if I didn't have to keep reconciling it vs the web schedule.

I'll email Fred, but I know he isn't really an online all the time kind of guy. Anyone else?

I am hoping this will help drive up trackday attendance a bit (not too much where stuff sells out and I can't go) but at least a little bit. The more people we can get aware of the days and out there the better for all of us in the long run.

j_fuggin_t

ERB68;176216 wrote: Some of us prefer quality over quantity :D
if quality is blackhawk & road america then i guess we win.. i dunno about you but i like a little bit of variety as well & thats what i hoped for this year w/ our schedule, autobahn is fun, gingerman's new layout is fun, grattan looks like a fuggin blast, they took away a favorite to MANY of nesbians in regards to putnam.. It upsets me because i did a pretty good job of keeping my cash w/ nesba because i favor them more so because of the cr's etc.. but when you take away one of the favorite tracks, keep it to mostly blackhawk & then the road america are all weekday events its a kick in the balls.. if i stick w/ nesba only i'll be sitting at home the majority of the time.. :argh:

ERB68

j_fuggin_t;176253 wrote: if quality is blackhawk & road america then i guess we win.. i dunno about you but i like a little bit of variety as well & thats what i hoped for this year w/ our schedule, autobahn is fun, gingerman's new layout is fun, grattan looks like a fuggin blast, they took away a favorite to MANY of nesbians in regards to putnam.. It upsets me because i did a pretty good job of keeping my cash w/ nesba because i favor them more so because of the cr's etc.. but when you take away one of the favorite tracks, keep it to mostly blackhawk & then the road america are all weekday events its a kick in the balls.. if i stick w/ nesba only i'll be sitting at home the majority of the time.. :argh:
I here ya Jeff, I was referring to the NESBA vs STT post count stat in the post above.

iamnotgreg

j_fuggin_t;176253 wrote: if quality is blackhawk & road america then i guess we win.. i dunno about you but i like a little bit of variety as well & thats what i hoped for this year w/ our schedule, autobahn is fun, gingerman's new layout is fun, grattan looks like a fuggin blast, they took away a favorite to MANY of nesbians in regards to putnam.. It upsets me because i did a pretty good job of keeping my cash w/ nesba because i favor them more so because of the cr's etc.. but when you take away one of the favorite tracks, keep it to mostly blackhawk & then the road america are all weekday events its a kick in the balls.. if i stick w/ nesba only i'll be sitting at home the majority of the time..
Oh man I was trying to keep this positive.
My take on the whole thing is that NESBA is probably trying to ride out this stupid recession that has hit the world hard the us harder and the motorcycle industry like a baseball bat wielding maniac on meth AND pcp in a china shop.

It also sucks that STT was able to sign some exclusive contracts with a # of the area tracks - that's absolute bullshit and anti competitive. I'd say I am surprised the tracks even went with it and I have to wonder what they got out of the deal? Are they really that booked up that they can just turn away what could potentially be up to half of this business for them? I know NESBA MW considers Blackhawk home and STT seemed to consider ACC home - but at least before that deal there was some crossover.

Grattan did the same if I remember correctly.
Gingerman I just thought NESBA didn't like? Am I right there? I heard that they had a really hard time getting anywhere near a full grid there. Seems that STT deeply discounts days to get people to go there, but I have also heard Gingerman is one of the cheaper tracks to rent so maybe that makes it equitable?

In any case in the end I really figured that a lot more of the Nesbians just went and added the calendar to their google account properly and then never needed to come back - initially Nesba was pushing approx 3x as much traffic as STT board was.

This is how I view the schedule

1210962723_qMJcq-L.png
-
1210962732_SWqA7-L.png
-
1210962753_hQ9yg-L.png
-
1210962766_hmncE-L.png

j_fuggin_t

not negative, just disappointment i guess you could say, i learned more riding w/ nesba in 15 days than i did over the last 10 years, not to mention i love the family associated w/ nesba, but alot of that is gone for this year

iamnotgreg

j_fuggin_t;176382 wrote: not negative, just disappointment i guess you could say, i learned more riding w/ nesba in 15 days than i did over the last 10 years, not to mention i love the family associated w/ nesba, but alot of that is gone for this year
I hear ya.. Maybe I am just gun shy because it's always seemed a lot of people around here think I had a thing against them.. Even people I've known offline for years before I ever did my first Nesba track day - hell one of them for years before I ever did my first track day ever sometimes doesn't seem to believe me when I flat out try to tell them my views. It gets old and I hate that walking on glass feeling.

So I am trying to do something nice and I just didn't want this to turn into a negative thread of me bashing them or something...

Let's just hope that the recovery is steady - we've got slow.
Could be worse - I don't know how Nesba's MW's finances are but I know at least one region ended up shutting down. If they have to do some cost cutting and run lean for a year to stick around for another year - then I am all good with that.