Videos from VIR this past weekend.

noobinacan

why did you go straight ? at 1:37, you are already off the gas...which means weight has already transferred to the front, which means your front has PLENTY of grip. you're also on the line...with plenty of track left.
Did you stop looking at the apex at any point ? I think if you would have turned it in..you would have been just fine, and maybe have run wide a little...but no biggie.

MUST learn trail braking, to the point where it becomes muscle memory and you react to instinct without thinking.
If you felt you were going in too hot there, it could easily been saved.

Unbroken13

That thing is fast!! Lol... I was pitted a across from you.. Had the blue and white gsxr600... You passed me down the front straight..sorry you layed it down it was a good looking ride

shad0ws

noobinacan;285537 wrote: why did you go straight ? at 1:37, you are already off the gas...which means weight has already transferred to the front, which means your front has PLENTY of grip. you're also on the line...with plenty of track left.
Did you stop looking at the apex at any point ? I think if you would have turned it in..you would have been just fine, and maybe have run wide a little...but no biggie.

MUST learn trail braking, to the point where it becomes muscle memory and you react to instinct without thinking.
If you felt you were going in too hot there, it could easily been saved.
After watching the video I do realize that I could have probably made it. I wasn't too hot into the corner. The front came up on me coming over the hill at the villas and I couldn't get the bike settled in time to make my turn in point and I was thinking in my head that anything off the race line was still damp which it probably wasn't. So I decided to take my chances in the grass. Either way I learned something from that wreck whether I just ran wide or ran off.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

shad0ws

Unbroken13;285539 wrote: That thing is fast!! Lol... I was pitted a across from you.. Had the blue and white gsxr600... You passed me down the front straight..sorry you layed it down it was a good looking ride
Hahaha thanks man. Just realized I never caught your name. You had your son with the shirt with a picture of you on it right? My name is Ben.

noobinacan

shad0ws;285542 wrote: After watching the video I do realize that I could have probably made it. I wasn't too hot into the corner. The front came up on me coming over the hill at the villas and I couldn't get the bike settled in time to make my turn in point and I was thinking in my head that anything off the race line was still damp which it probably wasn't. So I decided to take my chances in the grass. Either way I learned something from that wreck whether I just ran wide or ran off.

wanna hear my list of silly stuff??....I don't wanna say it, i will revive it and they;'ll laugh at me again!!! :D
glad you're ok

Last Week

Anyone capture my off on Sat.? Was around the 4 o'clock session.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

shad0ws

Sig;285554 wrote: is that a gopro? How do you have it mounted?
Nah. It's contour roam mounted on the side of an r6 right under where the nose piece curls in.

Hambone

A little brain fog. That's all. I thought it was cool watching you go by. I hope everything is ok with you and the bike.

JRA

Last Week;285560 wrote: Anyone capture my off on Sat.? Was around the 4 o'clock session.

I have a pretty good video of it in my head. I was following you Tyson when you clipped the curb.

Last Week

JRA;285717 wrote: I have a pretty good video of it in my head. I was following you Tyson when you clipped the curb.
I thought that was what happened. It felt as if once the tires hit the curb it washed out from underneath me. I couldn't tell if it was a hard part dragging that did it or the wetness sitting on the curb.

How was I doing beforehand? Any pointers you can give me while I sit and recover will be appreciated...... and dont say not to clip the curbing lol!

Blipstein

JRA;285717 wrote: I have a pretty good video of it in my head. I was following you Tyson when you clipped the curb.
Just a few more years in technological advancement and will be able to extract that video

kyle m

shad0ws/ I group,

I watched the second to last Sunday session video and noticed an I group trend. In corners like 6 (the long left before the fishhook) and 10 (the highspeed left). Look how many times on corner exit the bike only goes to mid track. What you are doing is effectively making the corner tighter than it should be. As a result you are developing a muscle memory that could potentially harm you in the future. If you keep that line and began to increase throttle application, you potentially increase your chances of highsiding. Where as if you open up your exit to the edge of the track you can feed in more throttle without potentially increasing your risk of highsiding.

shad0ws

kyle m;285729 wrote: shad0ws/ I group,

I watched the second to last Sunday session video and noticed an I group trend. In corners like 6 (the long left before the fishhook) and 10 (the highspeed left). Look how many times on corner exit the bike only goes to mid track. What you are doing is effectively making the corner tighter than it should be. As a result you are developing a muscle memory that could potentially harm you in the future. If you keep that line and began to increase throttle application, you potentially increase your chances of highsiding. Where as if you open up your exit to the edge of the track you can feed in more throttle without potentially increasing your risk of highsiding.
Thanks for the advice. My lines are definitely something I need work on I feel. I'll keep that in mind next time I make it out there.