Videos/Pics from Summit Main 7/22

dbarufaldi

Kruizen;282570 wrote: I'd like to throw a big thanks to everyone who helped me fab a master cylinder resivour holder at lunch out of a hunk of 1" steel bar. It was quite a metal working/engineering school- think i might try and patent it. Special thanks to Dan who had all of the specialized tools.
Next time, WE WELD!!!!!

Dave561

Control Rider
Slow Steve;282573 wrote: I tried all day for the sneak attack and all I got for my troubles was being told I was #1 while we were going through T4. You have it on video.:p
You number one grasshopper. :D

Spork

bboynicku;282854 wrote: Session2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhni8a76VnE&feature=youtu.be
Session3 - CRASH - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vn5Ts-2zvY&feature=youtu.be
Session4 - Did not upload. No speedo/tach/gear indicator. Trying to get my head around listening to engine and remembering gears etc. Only did few laps.
Session 5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR0BJvV-Sj4&feature=youtu.be
Session 6 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY3I-0_tb_o&feature=youtu.be
What caused the Crash ?

bboynicku

Spork;282862 wrote: What caused the Crash ?
Lost concentration a little bit after being passed in 9, started to brake a little too late for T10 and had to brake harder, rear came up so let off a bit to get it back down, got target fixation to the outside and ran straight. Then i think i had too much of a deathgrip on the bars when i was in the really deep gravel and didn't let the bars/front end do its thing.

Basically should have just looked where i wanted to go, lean in, trust tires and i think i would have made the corner no problem.

Spork

bboynicku;282958 wrote: Lost concentration a little bit after being passed in 9, started to brake a little too late for T10 and had to brake harder, rear came up so let off a bit to get it back down, got target fixation to the outside and ran straight. Then i think i had too much of a deathgrip on the bars when i was in the really deep gravel and didn't let the bars/front end do its thing.

Basically should have just looked where i wanted to go, lean in, trust tires and i think i would have made the corner no problem.I get it , Panic response is hard to overcome .

zx knight;282959 wrote:
^^ I dont even brake for T10 anymore. Let off the throttle for a sec, downshift, and drive through the turn
full throttle to the bridge ,brake/coast into 9 rolling on the T as i enter it (at least this is the plan)

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
If you're not braking for turn 10, you're not going up the hill fast enough.;) I was still on the gas as I passed under the bridge (as traffic allowed) and lightly trail braked into 10 up to the apex, or at least that was the plan. Dave will say otherwise.:)

Spork, Like there is no crying in baseball, there's no coasting on the track:p

Spork

Slow Steve;282976 wrote: If you're not braking for turn 10, you're not going up the hill fast enough.;) I was still on the gas as I passed under the bridge (as traffic allowed) and lightly trail braked into 10 up to the apex, or at least that was the plan. Dave will say otherwise.:)

I stayed on it under the bridge a few times in tow , I know I'm giving up a lot in that turn along with 6 and 7 , Hopefully Now that I'm in group I , I can have more opportunity to flow more cleanly through these area's (instead of getting brake checked) . Have to wait till 8/26 to find out .

I have made lots of ppl Cry in Baseball!!! Apparently that rule doesn't apply in Adult League!

Dave561

Control Rider
Slow Steve;282976 wrote: If you're not braking for turn 10, you're not going up the hill fast enough.;) I was still on the gas as I passed under the bridge (as traffic allowed) and lightly trail braked into 10 up to the apex, or at least that was the plan. Dave will say otherwise.:)

If trail braking means brake like a sissy and scream like a girl... yeah you were doing that. :D

motorkas

Dave561;282981 wrote: If trail braking means brake like a sissy and scream like a girl... yeah you were doing that. :D
Yep, that pretty much described T1, T3, T10 for me - of course without the "trail" part - everything else was accurate. . .(oh yeah and T5 when I got passed by a certain "photobombing" "fast yellow" bike. . .couldn't believe you did it to me again. . .and there it was for the world to see - a left hand wave to the rear camera as you pass on the outside while on the throttle at triple digits. . .f*&ker:D

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
bboynicku;282854 wrote: Session2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhni8a76VnE&feature=youtu.be
Session3 - CRASH - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vn5Ts-2zvY&feature=youtu.be
Session4 - Did not upload. No speedo/tach/gear indicator. Trying to get my head around listening to engine and remembering gears etc. Only did few laps.
Session 5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR0BJvV-Sj4&feature=youtu.be
Session 6 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY3I-0_tb_o&feature=youtu.be
You target fixated, way to get back out there...looking good!

zx knight

Im going up the hill about as fast as the bike will go, even still on the gas starting the decent of the hill. Let of the gas for a sec, down shift and back on the throttle. It may have somthing to do with my bike not having as many ponies.

motorkas

bboynicku;282958 wrote: Lost concentration a little bit after being passed in 9, started to brake a little too late for T10 and had to brake harder, rear came up so let off a bit to get it back down, got target fixation to the outside and ran straight. Then i think i had too much of a deathgrip on the bars when i was in the really deep gravel and didn't let the bars/front end do its thing.

Basically should have just looked where i wanted to go, lean in, trust tires and i think i would have made the corner no problem.

Nick, we all do it (I did it in session 3 when Dave passed me for the tow - knew he was coming (because I asked him to tow me) and still target fixated on him going into T5 - you can see on the video I went waaaay wide and you can hear me roll off after the apex to bring it back). . .

I don't know if this will help in the future but I think it's helped me alot in those situations. . .when you come on someone who you have a little more pace than, forget about trying to get around them and use it as opportunity to stay close but force yourself not to look at their bike or them riding the bike. . .keep them in your peripheral and concentrate on your markers while keeping them close in front of you. At certain parts of the track you'll be faster and they'll either roll off when your neutral throttle and see if you can adjust while still only keeping them in your peripheral. I use these moments because I'm lower on my threshold of "pushing it" while still doing a good clip so I have more in reserve just in case.

The second is great advice I got here - when you get passed - don't worry about keeping up with them, just try to stay close for the next turn or two and watch what they're doing (lines etc) and then let them go. It took a long time for me to be able to control the "testosterone" release from getting passed but now when I get passed, I usually say outloud in my helmet "Find your markers, watch his/her line and turn point. . .but NOT them, let them go. . ." Obviously, it doesn't always work (I still get temporary insanity when I see an orange shirt:wow:) but it's getting much better the more I do it:D. . .

motorkas;283097 wrote: (I still get temporary insanity when I see an orange shirt:wow:) but it's getting much better the more I do it:D. . .
+1 ....when you're running a good session and an orange shirt passes you with one hand on their bike looking behind them :eek: :notsure:

dbarufaldi

Saw this happen from the observation tower at that corner. It happened just about as you described. You could have still made the turn, even after the neat-o stoppie you did. Look, Lean, Believe.

Also, as the front end starting to wobble in the gravel, you basically let go of the bars and then it buried the nose of the bike and you did the face plant. Not sure it would have been a different outcome, but I would recommend you never stop riding the bike until it is on the ground...