Vinny337

1up5down

Control Rider
I'm sure we can all learn from this unfortunately event, but I'm not sure the forum is the best media for us to discuss and or learn from this. Why do I say this, well I believe forums limit effective communication/learning in many ways (context, perspective, textual communication versus oral and visual communication, the ability or inability of one to write effectively, not having all parties involved to share their perspective, outsiders commenting, egos, de railers...)

I'm very happy to hear that my man Vinny is healthy (recovering, but healthy).

The best advice I would offer those who want to learn from this is, things can and will happen on the track. Most of the time the things that happen are unintentional. Our mind set or approach to riding on the track plays a bigger role than most of us believe or know it does. No one wants to be the cause of another individuals mishap.

We must continue to vigilant about focusing on the skills and behaviors that help ensure everyones safety on and off the track. I know Vinny has and will learned more as time moves forward and he can reflect on things more. As for the others involved, well I'm not sure, but I have faith that they to will come to realize their actions and or non actions have an affect on things as well. That is not to say they are at fault, but to say they may realize that focusing on safety is a different way of riding then what they may have experienced in the past.

I know, who asked me anything, lol:dunno:

Wishing everyone a safe and fun season!

Allen

Dieselboy

I think the problem is people that treat trackdays like a race. Now some orgs have mock races, which are fun, but put the wrong idea in peoples heads. If ya wanna ride that aggressively go racing, but at a trackday all passes should be clean and courteous. I'll always treat TD's as practice, because that's exactly what they are.

borislav

Control Rider
Until ALL riders ingrave in their brain that "It is RESPONSABILITY of passing rider to make it CLEAN and to STAY ON YOUR LINE when pass complited" things like this will happen!But having everybody think like that will never happen!!!

Vinny I was looking forward to this coming weekend to ride with you!:-(
Heal up brother season is long,don't take to long you may have to work hard to keep up!;-) (a little shit talk to help and speed up healing)

beac83

Glad you're OK, Vinny. Heal up.

I'm watching the video and find myself shouting "turn in, turn in!" a sec or so before the bump/nudge. Looks like he was riding a bit over his head.

dbakerpa

I think that to have a good talk with a rider who is showing unpredictability is a good thing too. I have stopped by a pit or two and discussed with a fellow rider how important it is to stay on his line. I always make sure that they understand the safe pass is my responsibility but swinging wide on an entry or riding straight out of a wide corner is not predictable behavior. I think If a CR sees this more than a few times they would definitely address it too. These are trhe things that cause wrecks. I feel like it is something we can do as fellow riders to improve the skills for our friends. It will make them faster & safer.

slowpoke

Vinny - I'm glad you're okay. Seeing someone who habitually rides over their head is concerning and I hope the other club addresses it. More concerning is the other rider's lack of understanding his role in the crash which could've ended much, much worse.
Allen - I understand where you're coming from; although I think we have to try and learn as much as we can from these incidents even with the limitations that you eloquently stated.

If I'm missing my apexes, I slow down until I can hit them. If I keep missing them, I'm inviting a crash that might only hurt me or might hurt others as well. Chasing laptimes or stickers (for the bump) generally doesn't end well nor do "forced" passes. To me, if a pass isn't effortless, then I don't make it. Fortunately I ride mostly with Sanders which makes 99% of my passes incredibly easy.
Again Vin, glad you're okay and heal up quickly and completely.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
slowpoke;237744 wrote: Vinny - I'm glad you're okay. Seeing someone who habitually rides over their head is concerning and I hope the other club addresses it. More concerning is the other rider's lack of understanding his role in the crash which could've ended much, much worse.
Allen - I understand where you're coming from; although I think we have to try and learn as much as we can from these incidents even with the limitations that you eloquently stated.

If I'm missing my apexes, I slow down until I can hit them. If I keep missing them, I'm inviting a crash that might only hurt me or might hurt others as well. Chasing laptimes or stickers (for the bump) generally doesn't end well nor do "forced" passes. To me, if a pass isn't effortless, then I don't make it. Fortunately I ride mostly with Sanders which makes 99% of my passes incredibly easy.

Again Vin, glad you're okay and heal up quickly and completely.
Thanks Chris! Yes, I'm good to go and agree with you 110%! Poor Dave :haha::haha:

mattf

Vinny! I've been out of the loop for a little bit so I just saw this.....I'm sorry to hear you wrecked, but I'm glad to see that you're ok!

I hope to get caught up with you at the track soon, hope your recovery is going well :eek: