VIR Dates ?????????????????????

bmrboy

Really hoped to see more VIR Dates ...... Would like to think more are in the works ... :dunno:
North on Mondays ?? is a stretch. I guess $99 Mondays is a thing of the past. Only 2 South Days in a row end of June

I think it's fairly safe to say PCW ... Chuck and crew , will not be making the long & costly trip for 1 day ...
I could be wrong !!! but I don't think so ...

Again ,,,,, I'll keep my hopes up that early Aprils S.S.N. will magically appear !!
I understand the $$$$$$ issues , last year was costly to NESBA ... weather was not cooperating toooo much rain
VIR's re-pavement project cost BIG $$$$$$ so prices go up ... I understand that completely ....

So what gives ????? Is VIR just to expensive ??? Mr. Bob.???

MEMBERS ARE EXPRESSING CONCERN ALL OVER THIS FORUM..... we have all drank the NESBA Kool-Aid , this is the organization we support !!
we want our weekend events , OUR MEET & GREETS , if members can't get what they want , our family will diminish , we need PCW at our events
we relay on Chuck & crew .... The special season pass is great , but give us something to buy

joeyb

Ditto....
I was really hoping PCW would be there in April to help me setup my suspension since I'm getting everything refreshed this winter, but doesn't sound very lucrative for them to make the trip for a Monday!?
I primarily ride with NESBA and always have, but if the current schedule is 95% complete, then it looks like I will have to spend my $ elsewhere. From what I have seen on the Facebook trackday junkies page there are ALOT of people that feel the same way. Disappointing is the nicest adjective I can use to describe the 2014 schedule and pricing compared to the last few years.

RADAR Magnet

I'm curious about VIR too. The VIR calendar shows a bunch of weekends open throughout the spring and summer. Maybe it's not updated or maybe they're reserving those for another group but it suggests they're available. Bob, you said weak demand was behind reducing the number of days at NJMP; that makes sense. Is that the rationale for only one weekend at VIR? Or was the cost too high or would VIR not let us have the track? A little color commentary might help ease some of the disappointment.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I'm gonna guess Bob is going to say something along the lines of "We need more participation to take on more events"

To which I'm going to say...

It's hard to sign up for events if they're not on the schedule.

;)

All this talk of different track popularity has me really curious to see what the numbers are like (Participation at each track, which dates are more popular, etc etc)

RADAR Magnet

Otto Man;299336 wrote: I'm gonna guess Bob is going to say something along the lines of "We need more participation to take on more events"

To which I'm going to say...

It's hard to sign up for events if they're not on the schedule.

;)

All this talk of different track popularity has me really curious to see what the numbers are like (Participation at each track, which dates are more popular, etc etc)
I'm going to take the other side of that in case of VIR. Hard to believe past attendance only justifies one weekend. Also really hard to see how a bunch of one-day, weekday events encourages attendance; ironically, that could lead to poor attendance at VIR and screw us next year.

Bob, weigh in in this! What's going on with VIR???

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
RADAR Magnet;299339 wrote: I'm going to take the other side of that in case of VIR. Hard to believe past attendance only justifies one weekend. Also really hard to see how a bunch of one-day, weekday events encourages attendance; ironically, that could lead to poor attendance at VIR and screw us next year.
Almost verbatim the same thing I said about the VIR dates in the SE forum. It just *seems* (Again, without knowing the statistics) that if you're going to cut "x" amount of VIR dates, then you should at least have the remaining dates on the same weekend, or as much as you can.

I'm not driving 8 hours round trip for one day at VIR.

Quickone4u

RADAR Magnet;299339 wrote: I'm going to take the other side of that in case of VIR. Hard to believe past attendance only justifies one weekend. Also really hard to see how a bunch of one-day, weekday events encourages attendance; ironically, that could lead to poor attendance at VIR and screw us next year.

Bob, weigh in in this! What's going on with VIR???
That's how I feel as well. The dates so far listed make it much harder for me personally to run more which in turn, makes me less likely to purchase the higher Elite package. In my mind, to encourage attendance you need to offer something that does so. There's all this talk of putting money in early on to help fund more days and so on but, I personally can't afford to pay for something without knowing what I'm getting in return.

Bob has asked us to be patient to see what's coming and I'm trying to do just that but, at the same time I would like to go ahead and renew my membership and at least purchase the first vir date I plan to run just to make sure I have a spot and to get that over with. Seems to be a tough situation on all sides. I would definitely like to see more weekend vir dates though as I would be more apt to run more dates that way which in turn increases attendance and money. Fewer weekend days and more weekdays in my mind doesn't do that especially with the price increase we are seeing as of now.

RADAR Magnet

Otto Man;299341 wrote: Almost verbatim the same thing I said about the VIR dates in the SE forum. It just *seems* (Again, without knowing the statistics) that if you're going to cut "x" amount of VIR dates, then you should at least have the remaining dates on the same weekend, or as much as you can.

I'm not driving 8 hours round trip for one day at VIR.
Yeah I won't be surprised if some of those dates get 86'd like the a couple of dates at the end of last year...

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
RADAR Magnet;299344 wrote: Yeah I won't be surprised if some of those dates get 86'd like the a couple of dates at the end of last year...
Yep. And then it's going to be the same song and dance... "We need more people to sign up for events..."

:doh:

Personally, I don't really care what it costs. I didn't care what the dope cost me in my mispent youth and this is the exact same thing in my book. Just get some more dates on the calendar for VIR North. The one day at a time stuff isn't giving me the warm / fuzzy feeling I need. I'm bummed out about Barber as well. I can't make the March dates. That damn job of mine is getting in the way---again. I refuse to wait until November to ride Barber. That will not happen. I really don't want to ride with anyone but NESBA. However, to get my fix on the tracks I can and want to ride, I damn sure will. I've purchased a 10 day package and even if I only use 8 of those days, (6 RA dates and 2 Barber) I will consider it money well spent.

joeyb

I have already renewed my elite membership and looking at the schedule I'm beginning to wonder if that was a mistake. I would more than likely have bought the package that was being offered (seems like they were trying to generate revenue in advance to book the tracks?). However, why would I do that if the schedule doesn't appear to be anywhere near complete. If it is 95% complete then I don't see where I would be able to justify blindly spending $2000 with the lack of dates on the schedule. There is no way attendance at VIR is an issue after last year. I think I made it to everyday at VIR last year and it was packed, even in the rain.

bmrboy

joeyb;299366 wrote: I have already renewed my elite membership and looking at the schedule I'm beginning to wonder if that was a mistake. I would more than likely have bought the package that was being offered (seems like they were trying to generate revenue in advance to book the tracks?). However, why would I do that if the schedule doesn't appear to be anywhere near complete. If it is 95% complete then I don't see where I would be able to justify blindly spending $2000 with the lack of dates on the schedule. There is no way attendance at VIR is an issue after last year. I think I made it to everyday at VIR last year and it was packed, even in the rain.
I'm right there with you Joey !!!! VIR IS SOOOOOOO POPULAR !!! Riders come from everywhere !!!!!!!!!!
3 yrs. ago we had something like 11+ plus days , the economy was in the toilet , If you didn't sign-up early , you're done !!
South coarse paddock always packed , members would start threads weeks before events , just so excited to ride VIR !!!!

There are threads all over this Forum looking for answers ....... What gives ????????? :dunno:

Godfather

Will Travel For Track Days!

bmrboy;299280 wrote: Really hoped to see more VIR Dates ...... Would like to think more are in the works ... :dunno:
North on Mondays ?? is a stretch. I guess $99 Mondays is a thing of the past. Only 2 South Days in a row end of June

I think it's fairly safe to say PCW ... Chuck and crew , will not be making the long & costly trip for 1 day ...
I could be wrong !!! but I don't think so ...

Again ,,,,, I'll keep my hopes up that early Aprils S.S.N. will magically appear !!
I understand the $$$$$$ issues , last year was costly to NESBA ... weather was not cooperating toooo much rain
VIR's re-pavement project cost BIG $$$$$$ so prices go up ... I understand that completely ....

So what gives ????? Is VIR just to expensive ??? Mr. Bob.???

MEMBERS ARE EXPRESSING CONCERN ALL OVER THIS FORUM..... we have all drank the NESBA Kool-Aid , this is the organization we support !!
we want our weekend events , OUR MEET & GREETS , if members can't get what they want , our family will diminish , we need PCW at our events
we relay on Chuck & crew .... The special season pass is great , but give us something to buy
GRADY,

Very good points! It don't even sound like you're bitching! :D I've lost sleep over the lack of VIR dates!

However I feel Bob did this on purpose, just so you would have to travel and try out other tracks.:wow:

So, I guess it's all YOUR FAULT!:popcorn:

Summit/NCBIKE/NJMP/Beaver Run

motorkas

Guys,

Don't really have a dog in this fight because I only did VIR N one weekend last year. Nor have I spoken to Bob or any NESBA leadership about the matter so this is just my personal opinion (which I could/can be TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY WRONG ABOUT).

In searching the local orgs around me, the only weekend date for VIR I found was in March. . .doesn't appear to be a NESBA or attendance thing. Considering that all the dates currently on VIR's calendar are car/private testing/VIR club and California Superbike, I don't think it takes a PHD in economics or an in-depth explaination to piece together what's going on. When Bob made mention of attendance driving dates, it was to those asking questions about Summit Main (I went to most of the SM days last year - it's 55 miles from my house and it's relatively easy for me to get weekdays off) and they definitely weren't packed (which I personally loved. . .:D. . .but, totally understand why some had to be cut. (As an FYI, in riding with another org that exclusively rode Summit last year, they were never at full capacity either for any of the days that I rode). Taking what Bob said about Summit and applying it to VIR is a little like saying that the VIR dates are limited because of legal action from the locals (NYST). One doesn't have to do with the other and it's just riling everybody up about something that was never said.

This last one is also just my personal opinion: Last year Bob and NESBA handed everybody the keys to the kingdom. A shitload of dates at a shitload of tracks at just ridiculous pricing. What happened with that model is a matter of history now, not speculation (it wasn't good overall, just because it was good for VIR doesn't mean whole season or all tracks). Now, it definitely is a fact that the VIR dates last year were packed (with the requisite threads about too many people in sessions, crashes, ect). It definitely is a fact that what's on VIR's calendar is comprehensive enough to see where the tracks priorities are. It's definitely a fact that it would be in NESBA's best interest to book as many weekend days at the high attendance tracks as possible. Why it appears that you're drawing the conclusion that the VIR dates aren't booked because of attendance or NESBA dropping the ball or not having it's members best interest at heart is a little puzzling to me (especially after what was done for us last year and what we did with it. . .to date, haven't seen one thread how WE as the members and end users fucked up nirvana. . .:doh:). If all the other motorcycle orgs had an abundance of VIR weekends, I'd get where you're coming from but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Personally for me:

Summit 1Hr
NJMP 3.5 hrs
NCBIKE 3.5 hrs
VIR 4.5 hrs
NYST 6 hrs
Barber 12 hrs

weather permitting going to be at every one of those tracks this year. Is it going to be easy, in-expensive, or economically "sound judgement". . .nope. When I'm giggling to myself reliving the drive there and back, the track time and shenanigans in pit with the collection of lunitics that populate this org. . .

Would I like to have last years pricing and selection of tracks - yes. But those prices are gone and having 4 tracks to choose from over the course of 5 days are gone as well, not because Bob doesn't want to give them to us, but because when he did, we (collectively) did not take advantage of them. For me, whether it's business or personal, if I give a group everything they ask for, and then as a group, they don't take advantage of it (the group, not a small percentage of individuals in that group). . . .why I would expect anything different just because I'm on the consumer end of things rather than the provider end:dunno:

Is it going to be expensive to do VIR for one day. . .yep. Is the added expense worth the likelyhood that I'll be rolling on VIR N in 80 degrees with 25 people in the session. . .lets just say I'm really looking forward to the NCBIKE, NCBIKE, VIR sat, sun, monday on the schedule. . .:D. Something tells me, if the weather co-operates, that's going to be an epic 3 days on track.

PS - I just need to give a pre-emptive "F*CK YOU" to the rowdy bunch that likes to word count my posts. . .:D

motorkas;299390 said:
Guys,

In searching the local orgs around me, the only weekend date for VIR I found was in March. . .

Send me a PM and I'll turn you onto an org that has a Sat/Sun/Mon event scheduled in Aug. You can bet your ass if NESBA doesn't get something like that on their schedule, I will be there. I'm hopeful that I can ride exclusively with NESBA again this year, but I'll be the first to admit that I'm a selfish SOB when it comes down to getting what I want. Ask Anna:D

bmrboy

Godfather;299387 wrote: GRADY,

Very good points! It don't even sound like you're bitching! :D I've lost sleep over the lack of VIR dates!

However I feel Bob did this on purpose, just so you would have to travel and try out other tracks.:wow:

So, I guess it's all YOUR FAULT!:popcorn:

Summit/NCBIKE/NJMP/Beaver Run
M. Beard ,

Yes , my points are valid !! And NO .... I'm not bitching !!!!! I'm expressing my concerns just like the OTHER members .....
As far as traveling is concerned , I know for a fact ..... You HATE !!!!!! To TRAVEL ,even out of your neighbor hood .... :D
Hell , you HATE to go grocery shopping !!!!!! Your opinion is anybody that has anything to say is Bitching ...... RIGHT !!!!

You must still be over sea's , bored to death & and most likely Drunk !!!! I haven't seen you have this much to say in years. :D
you even completed a sentence ..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA But , don't worry Mikey , I still like you... even if you are a pain in the Ass !!!!! :D I'll even drive 4 1/2 hrs. to your house pick you up , then talk your ear-off , cause I know that would drive you NUTS , my Brother from another Mother .....

My new truck will tow my ass anywhere I want to go ..... and your invited !!!! :agree:
Oh , and buy the way ....... I may go over the speed limit , I know 55 mph is pushing it for you ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!

RADAR Magnet

Moto, when a popular venue gets scaled way back like VIR has, it's normal for people to wonder why. Having a bit of background makes it easier to accept, and additionally, knowing how likely it is that more dates will be added makes it a little easier for some to buy a package. It's also normal for those involved in the decision to anticipate that people will be curious and speak to it...