VIR expierence

midevl

I made it to VIR from southaven ms. The North course was worth the drive and the north lodging rocked as well. The only negative of the trip were the VIR people in charge of the garages, talk about assholes.

Godfather

VIR Customer Service

Hey Brother,
Glad you had a good time at VIR, but you should have taken care of the issue there. However all is not lost, as you can go to their website and they have a contacts list of personnel that are responsible for the different departments of the facility.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
midevl;292739 wrote: I made it to VIR from southaven ms. The North course was worth the drive and the north lodging rocked as well. The only negative of the trip were the VIR people in charge of the garages, talk about assholes.
Which garage were you at? I had an interesting garage experience as well. Probably the last time I rent a garage from them.

midevl

Otto Man;292753 wrote: Which garage were you at? I had an interesting garage experience as well. Probably the last time I rent a garage from them.
I was in 5
what was your expierence? good or bad

midevl

Godfather;292746 wrote: Hey Brother,
Glad you had a good time at VIR, but you should have taken care of the issue there. However all is not lost, as you can go to their website and they have a contacts list of personnel that are responsible for the different departments of the facility.
I'm not worried enough about it to look at a website. Besides VIR was a one and done deal for me anyway.
But the thing I had a problem with is if my garage ticket said oct 19-21 on it and their man let me in the night before why was this clown giving me shit about being set up too soon? It was 3:30 on sunday, and he tells me I have to load up all my stuff and come back at 5:30. I just look at him and said really??? That was a dick move in my opinion. But like I said, it's over now and it's not like I'm going back.

Godfather

Good Point!

midevl;292757 wrote: I'm not worried enough about it to look at a website. Besides VIR was a one and done deal for me anyway.
But the thing I had a problem with is if my garage ticket said oct 19-21 on it and their man let me in the night before why was this clown giving me shit about being set up too soon? It was 3:30 on sunday, and he tells me I have to load up all my stuff and come back at 5:30. I just look at him and said really??? That was a dick move in my opinion. But like I said, it's over now and it's not like I'm going back.

Yeah that does suck. The guy at the entry to the North Paddock at the STOP sign should not have let you in the area until
5"30 p.m... Or he should have informed you that NESBA wouldn't have access until then.

cartmen34

They did a similar thing to us earlier this year. They let a bunch of folks into the paddock but wouldn't let us into the garages. They made us stand there, parked in front of empty garages until 6:30. People starting unloading and just piling up their stuff right at the doors to their garage. Sure enough at exactly 6:30 he waved us in. Everybody picked their stuff up and moved it 10 feet into the garages.

It was so silly you couldn't help but laugh.

Other than little things like this its an awesome place to ride. Glad you enjoyed yourself!

midevl

cartmen34;292771 wrote: They did a similar thing to us earlier this year. They let a bunch of folks into the paddock but wouldn't let us into the garages. They made us stand there, parked in front of empty garages until 6:30. People starting unloading and just piling up their stuff right at the doors to their garage. Sure enough at exactly 6:30 he waved us in. Everybody picked their stuff up and moved it 10 feet into the garages.

It was so silly you couldn't help but laugh.

Other than little things like this its an awesome place to ride. Glad you enjoyed yourself!
the track was Awesome...
the neo nazi garage domanin keeper not so much.
after hearing of your expierence, it makes me laugh at how people excel at being dicks!!!

SevenT6Vet

I was in garage #3 on monday. The guys in #1 and #2 kept popping breakers, and they were only running 2 sets of tire warmers each. #1 finally got their generator out and brought it down in front of the garage. I've had issues with them in the past as well, but for whatever reason, Monday went smoothly for us.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
SevenT6Vet;292794 wrote: I was in garage #3 on monday. The guys in #1 and #2 kept popping breakers, and they were only running 2 sets of tire warmers each. #1 finally got their generator out and brought it down in front of the garage. I've had issues with them in the past as well, but for whatever reason, Monday went smoothly for us.
Yep, that was me in #2. Freaking rediculous.

madriders86

The attitude of the "security" staff has gotten worse over the past couple of years, I feel. They treat paying customers as if they are some sort of nuisance. That may actually be true in some cases, but to treat everyone a certain way because of the actions of a few is just bad business.

zangman

midevl;292777 wrote: the track was Awesome...
the neo nazi garage domanin keeper not so much.
after hearing of your expierence, it makes me laugh at how people excel at being dicks!!!
We have taken to calling the VIR Security team, the "Virgina Gestapo." If it isn't the garages it is the pit bikes. If it isn't the pit bikes it is the power bands. Soon they will require a permit to ride a pedal bike in the pits, then if you are walking they will zoom over on the golf cart at 40 mph and say "VERE AH YOUH PAYPEHS?!"

gursesl

zangman;293831 wrote: We have taken to calling the VIR Security team, the "Virgina Gestapo." If it isn't the garages it is the pit bikes. If it isn't the pit bikes it is the power bands. Soon they will require a permit to ride a pedal bike in the pits, then if you are walking they will zoom over on the golf cart at 40 mph and say "VERE AH YOUH PAYPEHS?!"
Lol, true. We now live in a "security state". When you think Virginia Gestapo, also think of Alabama Gestapo. Barber won't let you have charcoal grill, pets, or walk the track at any time. Their "security" guy tours the paddock 24/7, snooping around like we're bunch of thieves causing trouble at their beautiful facility...can't do much but laugh...:eek: