VIR-North 6/11- 6/12 weekend!

JerryC

Question, this will be our first track day, do we show up at tech with our bikes and geared up wearing our leathers, boots ect.?

upnadam

JerryC;192732 wrote: Question, this will be our first track day, do we show up at tech with our bikes and geared up wearing our leathers, boots ect.?
Bring ALL your gear. Boots, back protector, helmet, gloves, and leathers. It's up to you if you wear it or not. Most people just drape their leathers over the bike and sport the rest.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
upnadam;192736 wrote: Bring ALL your gear. Boots, back protector, helmet, gloves, and leathers. It's up to you if you wear it or not. Most people just drape their leathers over the bike and sport the rest.
Yup. Although, I've never brought my back protector, as it's recommended, not required. I think. Wouldn't hurt, though. Also bring the signed print out of the event notification you should have already received via email. (If you didn't, you can reprint it). And a photo ID. That way if they're running express registration you don't even have to get off your bike!

It's fun trying to steer with leathers draped over the gas tank, LOL.

JRA

We will have express registration. Please bring your signed release form (auto emailed to you in advance), or both forms the first day if you are riding both days, and ALL of your gear to registration. This event is sold out so registration will be very busy the first morning. It would be a great idea to be at the track early. Registration is from 7:00 to 8:00 am and the rider's meeting is at 8:15.

Doing both days. New bike, new camera, new grill:D, first track day this year, staying at VIR for first time A sold out event. Should be an adventure.

03r1sc

Can't wait til this weekend! First time at VIR! We are coming up Saturday to ride on Sunday, sleeping in the trailer. Does any one know if there are any good restaurants in the area?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
03r1sc;193226 wrote: Can't wait til this weekend! First time at VIR! We are coming up Saturday to ride on Sunday, sleeping in the trailer. Does any one know if there are any good restaurants in the area?
There's a nice one right on site. The Oak Tree Tavern. I haven't explored the area otherwise, I'm sure someone else may have other ideas. I liked the tavern, though. I'm eating there on Friday! Well, as long as we get there in time for dinner, LOL.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
corymac;193228 wrote: 03r1sc,

Saturday I'm smoking a boston butt for the meet and greet, more then welcome to come by.
:doh: oh yeah, Saturday is "meet and greet" in the paddock. We'll be grilling dinner that night, too!

03r1sc

corymac;193228 wrote: 03r1sc,

Saturday I'm smoking a boston butt for the meet and greet, more then welcome to come by.

Sounds awesome, so can I guess it is safe to assume that we might be able to find food in the Paddock? What are the rules for the meet and greet, just walk around and hang out with different people?