VIR Repavement corner widening ...

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
beerlogo_big_sbj.jpg

And I think they should fill the fuel tanks with this stuff....most AWESOME beer EVER!!!!

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Ron..it's some SERIOUSLY GOOD SHIT! Smells like a Reece's peanut Butter cup..and taste like it, too.

They brew and serve it at a local chain here in Maryland called Du Claws. It's available in bottles at the local liquor stores, too.

It's
Just
THAT
good.

yohoho

noobinacan;296827 wrote: I agree...^
But that sand went everywhere...including blowing onto the track and was a pain to deal with when wet.

There were other alternatives, sod it...cheaper
or lay concrete...more expensive
which would absorbed and radiated less heat than black top. but is virtually maintenance free for a long long time.

As for the curbing, will take a new curbs over the old ones anyways..except the lip behind them needs to be gone in certain areas.
The concrete would have been a good option, but like you said more expensive... I heard a few car guys complaining that there jack stands will sink into the asphalt... so they have to bring boards. What a tough life.

In any case I am glad to get rid of the sand!!! Can't wait to try out all the new pavement with my "unique" lines... and they said the widening was for passing... LOL

mmmfishrighton

Control Rider
noobinacan;296884 wrote: looks like the tree on the front straight fell too.
must have been some storm.
They specifically said on their facebook page that they took it down to widen pit rode but I know what you are getting at.

bmrboy

Lets face it guy's ....[You to Godfather] having the paddock paved will be sweet !!!!!!! :agree:
no more sand all over everything or mud after rain ....

And oh mommy the track will be freaking amazing ..... :wow: smooooooth like butta :adore:

A brand new play pen .... How awesome will that be .... :D:D

And if we get to fun full coarse ... [oh please , oh please] it will just be stupid fun , personally I can't wait ... :cheers: