VIR Repavement corner widening ...

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
VIR is one my favorite tracks!! Especially when Kenny (Irish Race Team) is in the house, they throw down on the grill. :agree:

bmrboy

Godfather;296533 wrote: You guys are WAY to opinionated.
(Opinionated)..... That's an awful BIG word for you !!!!!!!!! Isn't it ...... :D

My Brother for another Mother ..... ;)

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
The paving of the paddock's is going t be VERY cool. The sand radiated a LOT of heat back at you on those hot July and August dates, when you came in, you were always brushing sand of your tires before you put your warmers back on, and when you got home you'd have a bunch of sand to sweep out of your trailer.

VIR's the best facility on the NESBA schedule. It's historic, scenic, and the truest classic road course that offers 5 possible configurations at the same facility.

My ONLY wish is that NESBA bring the FULL course back into the schedule for 2014. I know it's a long shot, but that's my favorite layout.

betarace

D-Zum;296547 wrote:

VIR's the best facility on the NESBA schedule.
someone needs to go to NYST - it's EASILY the best track on the east coast!

agree with you on FULL...

my official rankings:

1. NYST
1 1/2 Barber
2. VIR Full
3. VIR N
4. VIR S
5. Road Atlanta
6. NJMP TBolt
7. Summit Main
8. NJMP Lightning
9. VIR Patroit
10. Summit Jefferson

bmrboy

D-Zum;296547 wrote:

VIR's the best facility on the NESBA schedule. It's historic, scenic, and the truest classic road course that offers 5 possible configurations at the same facility.

My ONLY wish is that NESBA bring the FULL course back into the schedule for 2014. I know it's a long shot, but that's my favorite layout.

:agree: 100% ..... Full coarse would be WICKED COOL ........ :wow:

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
bmrboy;296557 wrote: :agree: 100% ..... Full coarse would be WICKED COOL ........ :wow:
You never got to ride Full @ VIR?

You've missed out on an extremely fun experience. The way VIR was meant to be ridden.
Especially now that the beloved Oak Tree is gone. I'd be interested to see how that obstacle being gone changes things. Yes, I know it will still be part of South Course, but Full is absolutely where VIR REALLY shines in my opinion.

And yes Brother Steve, I've heard great things about NYST. I hope to make it there.

bmrboy

D-Zum;296560 said:
You never got to ride Full @ VIR?

You've missed out on an extremely fun experience. The way VIR was meant to be ridden.
Especially now that the beloved Oak Tree is gone. I'd be interested to see how that obstacle being gone changes things. Yes, I know it will still be part of South Course, but Full is absolutely where VIR REALLY shines in my opinion.

I've done full coarse 3 times ...... The very first time I rode VIR was full coarse , it was also my first track day ... :wow:
It was also the first time I rode the BMW on track ...... :eek::eek:
Turn #1 on south is flat out in 4th gear on the S 1000 RR ..... The front wheel is ALSO IN THE AIR ..... :)

leeross

I understand the issue with the curbing, but it's the FIA standard that has to be met for the ALMS to run at VIR. So we should be thankful it only affects the full course.

madriders86

I don't understand the bitching about the curbing. It sucked to begin. Woe be unto the rider dragging a puck on those damn things.

Unbroken13

Who's bitching?? I just said it was weird... Vir is my favorite track hands down... Just find it strange they gave run off on the outside if the curbing...

meanstrk

Control Rider
The paving of the paddock's is going t be VERY cool. The sand radiated a LOT of heat back at you on those hot July and August dates, when you came in, you were always brushing sand of your tires before you put your warmers back on, and when you got home you'd have a bunch of sand to sweep out of your trailer.
I am of the opinion that paving the paddock makes it hotter that the sand did. That pavement becomes one big ass heat sink and radiates it back up. I was willing to put up with the sand to avoid that.

I do love riding VIR though. It's my favorite track to run, hands down.

noobinacan

meanstrk;296825 wrote: I am of the opinion that paving the paddock makes it hotter that the sand did. That pavement becomes one big ass heat sink and radiates it back up. I was willing to put up with the sand to avoid that.

I do love riding VIR though. It's my favorite track to run, hands down.
I agree...^
But that sand went everywhere...including blowing onto the track and was a pain to deal with when wet.

There were other alternatives, sod it...cheaper
or lay concrete...more expensive
which would absorbed and radiated less heat than black top. but is virtually maintenance free for a long long time.

As for the curbing, will take a new curbs over the old ones anyways..except the lip behind them needs to be gone in certain areas.

meanstrk

Control Rider
That backing lip is what scares me about the curbing. I thought they said in the beginning that they would be removing that section, but it's still there....

Ruhe52

Lets be clear the sand sucks. Anything other than elation over the pave is just plain idiocy. If you are complaining yes I called you an idiot.
No smiley face

2ndChapter

I think the paddock should be redone with jello... Cherry flavored jello! And they should redo it each season with a different flavor.

Sent from under deez nutz...