VIR sed?

geckert

I see there is a SED at VIR North. Ive never been to VIR and was wondering what the North track is like? Ive been trying to find a trackmap on VIR's website but couldnt get anything. Google images gave me this, is this the North Course?
693px-Virginia_International_Raceway_-_North_Course.svg.png

barry38

geckert;107352 wrote: I see there is a SED at VIR North. Ive never been to VIR and was wondering what the North track is like? Ive been trying to find a trackmap on VIR's website but couldnt get anything. Google images gave me this, is this the North Course?
693px-Virginia_International_Raceway_-_North_Course.svg.png
Yes, that is the North course, same course that the AMA, CCS and WERA run. It's my favorite track. It's got everything, high speed, technical, flows really well, and elvevation. If I could only do one track, North would be it.

Doing an SED at VIR gives you the opportunity for more one-on-one time with the CR's and a ton of open track time to practice what you learn. If someone does an SED and doesn't finsih the day a better rider than when they started, they just aren't trying!!!!

geckert

Cool looks like a sweet track. Ill be going to the SED in May if I dont blow all my money racing.

stow

lemondrop;107462 wrote: turns 3-6 eat my arse all the time....I HATE YOU TURNS!!!
Couldn't agree more. Things are going well and you are having a blast then turn 3 comes up and ruins everything. Don't even get me started on turn 4. But everything starts looking better when you see the bridge.

jtsgsxr6

stow;107468 wrote: Couldn't agree more. Things are going well and you are having a blast then turn 3 comes up and ruins everything. Don't even get me started on turn 4. But everything starts looking better when you see the bridge.
I like turns lol.

stow

jas0336;107492 wrote: where is the infamous oak tree? Isn't that VIR?
Ask Meat. He should remember how to get back to Oak tree, or at least the tire wall near Oak Tree. :D

jas0336

stow;107509 wrote: Ask Meat. He should remember how to get back to Oak tree, or at least the tire wall near Oak Tree. :D
that's actually what made me think of it
I dont wanna end up like Meat...NOBODY wants that. LOL

D-Swens

barry38;107534 wrote: I saw that crash - wasn't pretty........
I told Meat a few weeks later...but there were a TON of acorns and leaves on the track under the "oak tree" that day...I didn't realize how many until I got my pics, but I'd say its lucky more people didn't go down...

Check 'em out..
JON_7623.jpg