VIR South Aug 23rd roll call

smack28752

I will be there along with at least 3 more guys from Marion, NC.

First time on the South course but one of my friends says it is a great place to learn and even more importantly, have a bunch of FUN :D

900FE

24th & 25th

I'll be there with 3 others from the Nashville, Tn area. I haven't been to VIR in a couple of years and am really looking forward to it. :p

#79 I
01 Duc 748/853

Jonny

I'll be there along with my brother-in-law. We'll be there the 23rd & 24th. My first time doing a track day so I'm both pumped up about it and apprehensive. Can't wait!

sr1

I will be there for at least the Intro day, if not buying into the whole day. Gotta get the bike ready and figure out what to do with my mirror situation (2005 Triumph Sprint w/giant integrated mirror/turn signals...riding the bike to the venue).

meanstrk

Control Rider
sr1;3991 wrote: I will be there for at least the Intro day, if not buying into the whole day. Gotta get the bike ready and figure out what to do with my mirror situation (2005 Triumph Sprint w/giant integrated mirror/turn signals...riding the bike to the venue).
If you are just doing the intro, then MAKE SURE that you tell tech that you are doing intro only and they will not require you to pull mirrors. I have seen brand new bikes on the track with paper tags doing intro.

sr1

meanstrk;4051 wrote: If you are just doing the intro, then MAKE SURE that you tell tech that you are doing intro only and they will not require you to pull mirrors. I have seen brand new bikes on the track with paper tags doing intro.
Well, I am kinda considering doing the whole day. Unfortunately the geniuses at Triumph didn't make life easy on the "pulling of mirrors" for the Sprint. :doh: A PITA enough to not want to do it at the track, but for this first time I'm just riding the bike up there so I'll need at least one mirror to be legal.

meanstrk

Control Rider
I know how you feel. I also have an aprilia Futura that the mirrors are a total PITA to pull. Course, I don't track that thing though.

justariot66

First post with Nesba so let me say, hello! As long as there is space available for the 25th i will be there for sure. Had such a good time with Nesba last time on VIR north that I am actually going alone for the day since my buddy can't make it. So if anyone sees a guy on a yellow and black gsxr 750 #66 please stop by for a chat.

physicistkev

Control Rider
justariot66 - Just look for the real old GSXR and stop by. I think just about everyone will welcome a new face in their pit. Don't be shy, and if you need anything just ask any/everyone who is pitted near you.

meanstrk

Control Rider
I have thought about bringing my old skool Gixxer out for a session or two sometime myself, but it's just too pristine to take a chance on screwing it up!

justariot66

I was going to post a topic about "when is a bike too old for track days" but clearly 2001 is not THAT old. 1990 I could not even drive for 3 years yet.

Thanks for the advice I ll look for you.

physicistkev

Control Rider
I can run a solid A pace with it so I see no reason to buy something newer just yet. That and I can't afford something newer :(

physicistkev

Control Rider
My first and only time was earlier this year in March. I have no idea what I ran on South, but I was running 1:42's on North by the end of the day. I think I could get down to the 1:40's this trip. My goal is a 1:39. Not sure I can do it but it's something to shoot for.

justariot66

Well that settles it I am finding you the 25th. I'll be in the suites above the garages probably set up right along the track straight side of the paddock. My name is Dave btw see you there.

physicistkev

Control Rider
You can't miss it, looks like a 1991 750 (White/Blue/Blue). I usually try to pit over by the bathrooms and eatery on North.