VIR South Aug 23rd roll call

meanstrk

Control Rider
Don't worry, I know Russell. We give each other hell all the time! I took him to his first track day earlier this year at Roebling Road

physicistkev

Control Rider
All you have to do is walk to the next pit and say "Hello". Guaranteed that you will have someone to talk to. If they need to go out on the track just go to the next pit and repeat. You will not run out of people to talk to. I promise. If all else fails just look for the old GSXR and say hey. I can't stop talking so you should be set ;)

meanstrk

Control Rider
He can tell you about my old school Gixxer! I should have put it in the trailer so you could check it out. That would make an interesting pit bike!

smack28752

The Gixxer's OK

Hey Sportrider,

I took care of the Gixixer6 and it took good care of me. No loops or off road excursions for me on Saturday. Had a big time though it was interesting being on a new bike and riding a new track for me. By the end of the day I was feeling pretty good and picking up the pace. The first few times coming in to turn 1 had me a little excited though!:wow:

meanstrk

Control Rider
buellucifer9s;10934 wrote: dang-
in other news
Ron I had fun riding with you saturday
That is most definately mutual. Just after I posted my fastest lap was when I touched my brake pedal down and levered my ass right over the curb though! Spooked me a bit! You can tell it pretty good in the videos...

Thanks for showing me some better lines and hope to see you on the track again soon!

TSal998

Hey Ron,

before you left, you said you had some video of me. any chance you can email it to me or provide a link? i need something to keep me motivated over here.

it was great talking with you and Donna. I took care of Russ on Sunday so he wasnt "lonely"!

Semper Fi,
Tony

meanstrk

Control Rider
TSal998;17261 wrote: Hey Ron,

before you left, you said you had some video of me. any chance you can email it to me or provide a link? i need something to keep me motivated over here.

it was great talking with you and Donna. I took care of Russ on Sunday so he wasnt "lonely"!

Semper Fi,
Tony
Damn Tony. I never heard from you and just deleted it off my camera while I was at Indy for the MotoGP races. Sorry man.

Just saw Russell Sunday. He went down a few weeks ago on the street but is doing ok.

TSal998

meanstrk;17287 wrote:

Just saw Russell Sunday. He went down a few weeks ago on the street but is doing ok.
aw, sh*t. Tell Russ I hope he's doing ok.

no problem with the video - just me being bored and lacking some motorcyle motivation over here. just found out last night that my company is pulling me back for a month to cover a guy that has some personal issues. might be able to make the US Desmo track day in Oct if there are any spots left!

s/f,
Tony

meanstrk

Control Rider
There are spots left. I just got my confirmation a couple days ago for the 18th. I am doing VIR full on the 20th as well. The economy is pretty much ensuring that none of these track days are selling out lately. Last I heard from Jim (Which was Monday) he still had slots in all three groups.

Next month will probably be the end of my track excursions for a while as well. Think I am going to take a break for a while.

meanstrk

Control Rider
Really because of my knee. I went down this past Friday on my DR and really aggrivated it, and it makes me wonder if I need to be risking it on the track. Not so sure if I want to do that any more. No, wait, I WANT to, and I love riding on the track, but it is getting to the point where I am starting to think of the consequences of a simple get off that could have serious consequences due to an already weakened knee.

We are also in the market for another bike right now and would rather put the funds towards that. Track can wait.

TSal998

makes sense to me regarding the knee.

can't argue with another bike... i thought you were going to wait for the Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200? how about the Moto Morini Corsaro 1200? looks like quite the hooligan bike!

meanstrk

Control Rider
We are looking for another Aprilia, but a Caponord vice the Dorso. I want something that Donna is comfy on, and we both like the Capo.

I AM looking at the big VStrom as well since it's a similar bike.

TSal998

i've read pretty much nothing but good things about both the Caponord and the V-Strom (even though that's THE dumbest name ever).

email sent to USDesmo to see about the CMP track day.