VIR South??

DB_ZX10r

Well, I'm getting a last minute hair and am thinking about doing VIR South on the 4th. What's the track like? Pros & cons??

THANKS!!

It's a lot of fun, they just improved the padock this year by paving and adding power. It's not as fast as North or Full course but it's a great layout.

vanbreezy

nice layout plenty of elevation changes long front straight every type of turn great track ride it every year :congrats:

Folly1

Some fast, some slow, some up, some down. It can be fun. A lot of lowsides at T1 which is off camber and needs a late apex or you drift wide. It does not compare with VIR N, but as John said, it is a good value.

Ben.

Landshark

Control Rider
I'm going to break the paradigm and say I prefer South over North. It's a rather simple layout, but what makes it so challenging is that the elevation changes mostly occur in corners. The flow is fantastic and it caters to a rider who prefers extreme lean angles and momentum over point and shoot. This and Barber are my personal favorite tracks.

gsxrida1980

Landshark;64900 wrote: I'm going to break the paradigm and say I prefer South over North. It's a rather simple layout, but what makes it so challenging is that the elevation changes mostly occur in corners. The flow is fantastic and it caters to a rider who prefers extreme lean angles and momentum over point and shoot. This and Barber are my personal favorite tracks.
+1. I'm gonna agree here. South is very technical and really works that aspect of your riding. Lots of fun

Motofun352

Control Rider
The left/right/left down the hill (3/4/5?) is fantastic. And, of course, the oak tree turn is famous. I think turn 6 is more challenging, though.

Perlzuki

VIR south is much fun! Great for friends & family as the spectators can see 85% of the track & your blinding speed!

Mark
SE CR #249
06 GSXR 1000

Quickone4u

Perlzuki;65200 wrote: VIR south is much fun! Great for friends & family as the spectators can see 85% of the track & your blinding speed!

Mark
SE CR #249
06 GSXR 1000
Where are the spectator viewing areas at? It has been a while since I've been to the south side and can't remember. I'll be running the south July 4th and can't wait! Some of my friends and family will be dropping by and I want them to have a good view.

meanstrk

Control Rider
I have seen some interesting get offs at T10 as well. Weeeeeee all the way down the hill!

I personally enjoy South A LOT!

JRA

Quickone4u;65215 wrote: Where are the spectator viewing areas at? It has been a while since I've been to the south side and can't remember. I'll be running the south July 4th and can't wait! Some of my friends and family will be dropping by and I want them to have a good view.
Media building overlooking the track is the best place.

Wink

Awesome track! I love SOUTH!

We have driven all the way out from Chicago to ride there. WELL worth the trip!

Have a blast!