VIR - Update!

eagletangogreen

Coyote1;42660 wrote: It was great to see all the NESBA riders out there. I had a blast. Katie...I got a tow from you in the MW Solo on Saturday. Thanks for showing me the fast way around.
Brandon...good to see you out there....nice riding on Sunday. The announcer was keeping us filled in on your moves out there.
John Vance...way to go on those lap times!!!!
I pulled off my first win on Sunday in the Senior MW class and snagged a 2nd in the B Superstock Nov with a last second pass at the finish...Everything was awesome minus my brother in law crashing out in front of me in the Senior Race. He's okay but his R1 LE is bent like a pretzel. It almost became a family affair but somehow I missed him....Thank goodness.
Once again....my family and friends had a blast. This was Round 3 for us as we have already been to Tally and Jennings.
Good Luck to everybody out there....and if your thinking about coming out...do it.
Lanny
Also listed as Major L. Long Jr
Ouch! That was you guys! That was a beautiful machine, I would have been terrified to take that bike out.

Drewbie

Nice job everyone this weekend! It was a great first expert weekend and a learning experience. Finished 9th in the C SB race and 13th in the C SS race. Ran my best time and got back into the swing of things.

Manotti with his first win:congrats: You were movin out there man.. looking real good.

Dale and Robert got their feet wet for their first race weekend.

And of course Katie putting it down with a 39.5 and coming home with some money and some great finishes:D

Thanks to Joe's Garage and the guys for a great weekend.. looking forward to summit!

RacerRuss

The first weekend as Experts for a lot of us

Several of the NESBA guys had their first weekends as Experts, these are the ones I know about:

Matt Heidel (won HWT with that beautiful 1198S)
John Vance
Brett Brooks (sporting the #1 from last year)
Drew Harbuck (got screwed, ran a 1:33 and that was only good enough for 13th)
Yours truly,
And a lot of other people that I probably forgot.

It is definately a lot tougher in Expert. The racing is closer, no quarter given, and way faster. There were at least a half dozen guys with AMA experience there, including team Vesrah with their new semi and team riders Corey West and Mark Junge, as well as other fast guys like Robert Jenson and a recovering Lee Acree. The 600 races I was in were won by guys running low 1:28's. A couple of guys were in the 1:27's in bigger bikes. Check it out here. It is like playing golf for money against Tiger, you know you don't have a chance, but at least you can say you lined up on the grid next to them and gave it a shot. There were at least two AMA guys in Sr. Sbk.:wow:, holy crap!!!!

All in all a fun weekend except for a couple of our friends getting hurt (including Scott Rosey, Nesba CR) and I wish them all a speedy recovery.

RacerRuss

Yep!!!!

Katie785;42693 wrote: I've never seen such an obscene amount of dry humping as I did from the Broke Ass Riding guys this weekend. :)
It was pretty sad, wasn't it. I was going to call security and have Matt's hung over ass thrown out of the garage when I went in on Sat. morning.

BTW, PM me your email and I will send you the pics of that trick new "trackwrapped" bike.

eagletangogreen

RacerRuss;42686 wrote: Several of the NESBA guys had their first weekends as Experts, these are the ones I know about:

Matt Heidel (won HWT with that beautiful 1198S)
John Vance
Brett Brooks (sporting the #1 from last year)
Drew Harbuck (got screwed, ran a 1:33 and that was only good enough for 13th)
Yours truly,
And a lot of other people that I probably forgot.

It is definately a lot tougher in Expert. The racing is closer, no quarter given, and way faster. There were at least a half dozen guys with AMA experience there, including team Vesrah with their new semi and team riders Corey West and Mark Junge, as well as other fast guys like Robert Jenson and a recovering Lee Acree. The 600 races I was in were won by guys running low 1:28's. A couple of guys were in the 1:27's in bigger bikes. Check it out here. It is like playing golf for money against Tiger, you know you don't have a chance, but at least you can say you lined up on the grid next to them and gave it a shot. There were at least two AMA guys in Sr. Sbk.:wow:, holy crap!!!!

All in all a fun weekend except for a couple of our friends getting hurt (including Scott Rosey, Nesba CR) and I wish them all a speedy recovery.
+1

I could not believe the amount of experts that showed up to race, not to mention the competitive edge the class was bringing. I am going to enjoy the novice class all I can. Hats off to you guys mixing it up with the big guys.

STACK

It was nice meeting you Russ and hanging out with the broke ass racing crew. You guys really helped me out on my first race weekend. I hope to be out on the track with you guys again sometime soon.

Karl

RacerRuss

STACK;42707 wrote: It was nice meeting you Russ and hanging out with the broke ass racing crew. You guys really helped me out on my first race weekend. I hope to be out on the track with you guys again sometime soon.

Karl
Nice to meet you too Karl. BTW, you should really be more careful when you pick your friends!!!!:doh:

I finished my second Wera weekend at VIR so at least I don’t have to wear that stupid shirt any more. I ran my F2 this weekend and it did ok against some of the newer bikes in the MW solo and C ss. I know I’ve done to many track days because I really need to stop being so "nice" going into turn one on the start!

In the MW solo I started to run out of gas right after I passed the white flag and managed to make it back around to finish 8th. I almost pulled into the pits but it sputtered back to life in turn 17 again so I made it to the line under power, but it died as soon as I crossed the line. I was really supprised I didn't loose any positions on the last lap.

On Sunday I switched from SC pros to Bstones slicks for the first time and spent my two V7 races learning them. I never really got the feel for them, but I finished 3rd out of 4 people in both races and learned a lot about entering turn one during the start. I kept getting separated from the people I was racing and I let myself get held up by some slow experts on the first couple of laps in both races.

I signed up for the C SS novice race before I decided to switch to slicks and had to swap them back while the C SS experts were racing. I finished right at second call for my race. On the start I actually did quite well, I started 15th and made it up to 7th right behind Katie and Riso. I started to make up some ground on them until about lap 4 I guess I over did my rear tire and started sliding a lot. I had one big slide in turn 11 had highside writen all over it. On lap 5 I got passed by Dale and someone else going into turn 7 leaving me to finish in 9th.

I ended up getting down to a 1:41.0 and I know I can go faster once I get used to the slicks. I was always hesitant to enter the “meat grinder” classes but I must say that was the most fun race I’ve been in yet. At least this time the guy teching my bike didn’t laugh at me for entering a ’93!:D

JVance

Whew!! What a great time and what a humbling experience running expert. When Drew gets 9th and 13th you know it's tough. Measured against myself though I am pretty happy. I was almost 3 sec a lap faster than last year so I considered it a great weekend. Our whole group had some sort personal acheivement. Great to see everyone again!

Hey Manotti, you are a fine human being, you are still a sand bagging cherry picking ______ but a fine human being anyway, lol.

Lanny great to see you. You were flying out there. Keep it up.

Katie great job up front!

Dean, you were looking great.

Karl, Great first race weekend. You looked pumped.

Too many to list them all. Great Job everyone!!
All the NESBA guys represented the club extremely well. I think it shows the quality of the club and the dedication of the CR's and directors. A large part of our success comes from the CR help we received at NESBA. Keep up the good work.

John
WERA Exp
NESBA A

dale.b

Chuck, way to rock a 16 year old bike!!

It was a Canadian female rider who got past you. I was trying hard to get around her, but I didn't have enough time behind her to take advantage of her slower spots.

Her race gas made my contact fly out of my eye. I went faster when I couldn't see. :) Katie gave me a good idea to make Lasik my next racing mod. lol.

Katie785

haha yeah - we need to find a doctor to sponsor us for the 2010 season!! In post-tech Garrett and I were just sitting there holding our eyes and blinking like mad to get the contacts back up to speed!

Backmarker

Control Rider
cyclerant;42560 wrote: Congrats Timmy. First WERA race weekend. Nice finishes and a Top step to boot. Nice 1st buddy.
Thanks Mike.

My first Wera weekend was a blast. It was fun to watch all the Nesba guys/gals race .

I was able to place...

8th. HW Solo
6th. HW Superbike
5th. HW Superstock
1st. HW Senior Superbike :first:

I'm looking forward to Summit in two weeks.

Thanks to the "gang" for all the help and support this weekend.:adore:

eagletangogreen

Backmarker;42867 wrote: Thanks Mike.

My first Wera weekend was a blast. It was fun to watch all the Nesba guys/gals race .

I was able to place...

8th. HW Solo
6th. HW Superbike
5th. HW Superstock
1st. HW Senior Superbike :first:

I'm looking forward to Summit in two weeks.

Thanks to the "gang" for all the help and support this weekend.:adore:
Man there was alot of NESBA members there and didnt get a chance to meet half of them..
Looks like I am going to miss Summit, I have to go to Afghanistan for 3 weeks really quick:argh:

eagletangogreen

Heres a couple of pics of the F1 battle for second against Ryan and myself!

weramar09-05301.jpg

weramar09-05324.jpg

weramar09-05375.jpg

Backmarker

Control Rider
Nice......!! Great pics.

I sat that race out.......but wished I had not. :doh:

Raced Senior Class instead.......:D

RollieManollie

Control Rider
eagletangogreen;42884 wrote: Man Looks like I am going to miss Summit, I have to go to Afghanistan for 3 weeks really quick:argh:
It was great racing with you and sorry to hear you'll miss summit! Thank you for your service and please come back safe to race another day!

BTW....awesome pictures!!!

eagletangogreen

RollieManollie;42895 wrote: It was great racing with you and sorry to hear you'll miss summit! Thank you for your service and please come back safe to race another day!

BTW....awesome pictures!!!
Good News!!

Looks like I will make it to Summit next week!!:)