VIR Weekend

DFlowe

Kruizen;269934 wrote: Thanks guys.

Justin, Hope that meeting gives you some good news.

Once again thanks to all the CRs: jim, dennis, steve, deon to name a fewand Cal for a great weekend. Anytime the weather was a nice as it was and you can be on 2 wheels is a great weekend.

If you guys rent Cathy out let me know. You guys are a lucky crew to have someone like her in your pit.
Eric,
Congratulations on your bump to A. You had that Buell rolling and got the well deserved move up.

See you soon,

steve gould;269940 wrote: That was one of the best trackday weekends in recent memory! Everyone rode so well and stayed within the passing rules establishing a fun and safe weekend. The most fun for me was bumping guys to the A group and being part of the excitement. All you guys did real well. Trackday wannabe, I hope you didn't get roughed up too bad your first time out. Ask Corey about his first outing. I think he had it pretty rough. Thanks to the Irish Racing crew for the fantastic grub! Can't wait to do it again
Hmmm......seems as though there might be an ambush in our future !! Care to elaborate Corey?

matt2212

Trkdaywannabe;269981 wrote: Hmmm......seems as though there might be an ambush in our future !! Care to elaborate Corey?
Think rabbit and a pack of dogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matt2212;269993 wrote: Think rabbit and a pack of dogs

Sounds like a hazing ritual :eek::eek::eek: Maybe I need to sign up under an assumed name and start in B group again, you :a: guys are scaring me....:haha:

matt2212

Trkdaywannabe;270005 wrote: Sounds like a hazing ritual :eek::eek::eek: Maybe I need to sign up under an assumed name and start in B group again, you :a: guys are scaring me....:haha:
It's an honor

The more they like you the harder it is ;)

Ask Cory Mac

matt2212

gursesl;269918 wrote: Hey Folks,

I ran three days and I'd like to join others who commented out that it was a near-perfect weekend with lots of track time, fast riding, fun on the paddock and all.

When I first unpacked on Fri night I started checking my bike is ready for the next day. Everything looked good...until I found brake fluid leaks on my right front caliper. At that point I knew something was not right and so I decided to check and see of the banjo was not tight enough. I had tighten it to BREMBO specs, but it was still leaking. As soon as I touch the banjo it breaks in half - one piece inside the caliper and one piece in my hands. OK, I have mixed feelings now. On one hand, I am happy I found out about this before the track time, on the other I started panicking that I may have to sit out a day or the whole weekend. That's until the guys next to me forwarded me to the IRISH RACING team who was having drinks and was partying couple of tents on my right. So, I go there and ask if they've seen anything like this and sure enough - they pull out an extraction tool, get the half banjo out of the caliper and then they even gave me a new banjo bolt. At one point Matt even offered to lend me his caliper! What a great bunch of people! I can't name all the names, but you know who you are - Cory, Matt, Kyle. Thank you. And thank you for hanging out and cooking out and for throwing a great meet and great party. You know how to have fun at the track!

I also would like to thank the NESBA organizers for a very well-run event for the whole weekend. Starting from the director and everybody was courteous, helpful and welcoming. Not even once did I feel that I was not getting their top attention. Well-done guys. That's why NESBA has such a great reputation.

I also thank the NESBA CRs who helped me throughout the weekend. Too many CRs, but Jim, Dennis in particular - thank you for your tips and your great attitude!

I also would like to thank Matt who helped me on Sun on VIR North, by giving me a bolt that I had lost on the track and jumping my truck. Thanks buddy, I hope we can hang out again sometime in the future.

I am looking forward to riding Barber this weekend with NESBA and hopefully come back to VIR soon. Thank you, NESBA and IRISH RACING for everything this past weekend. Congrats on the folks that got the bump. I watched Eric in I and he definitely was riding smooth and deserved the bump.

Cheers!

Levent Gurses
"I" 12 Black GSXR-750

Levent,

It was awesome meeting you and I'm glad I could help you with the banjo bolt

The Irish are awesome!!! Feed 100 people with style and don't even break a sweat!

Thanks again Cory

See ya soon

corymac

Yeah my first time in "A" group as at VIR South about 1 1/2 years ago. I been riding in "I" group for over 2 years before that day. Well when I did get bumped up, Jeff Pitzer found me in "A" group hiding out in the back of the group ready to go out. Well he and Billy held up everyone at the line, sent me to the front and let me go with a 5 sec head start. I was shitting my pants going into turn 1. I was thinking to myself "Don't wreak, where is everyone, oh Shit brake!!". By the fish hook I was getting passed by about 20 riders in "A" group. I was just like a rabbit getting chase by a bunch of wolves. Very Fast Wolves.

For all you guys that got bumped to "A" the real fun starts now. Most of all you guys, don't forget where you started at. We're all at one point in "B" group. Please when you see a someone chasing that bump up to the next group, just let them know that it will come and do not chase that bump!! I see so many riders chasing that bump up to the next group, and they end up hurting themselves or someone else by chasing it.

corymac;270011 wrote: Yeah my first time in "A" group as at VIR South about 1 1/2 years ago. I been riding in "I" group for over 2 years before that day. Well when I did get bumped up, Jeff Pitzer found me in "A" group hiding out in the back of the group ready to go out. Well he and Billy held up everyone at the line, sent me to the front and let me go with a 5 sec head start. I was shitting my pants going into turn 1. I was thinking to myself "Don't wreak, where is everyone, oh Shit brake!!". By the fish hook I was getting passed by about 20 riders in "A" group. I was just like a rabbit getting chase by a bunch of wolves. Very Fast Wolves.

For all you guys that got bumped to "A" the real fun starts now. Most of all you guys, don't forget where you started at. We're all at one point in "B" group. Please when you see a someone chasing that bump up to the next group, just let them know that it will come and do not chase that bump!! I see so many riders chasing that bump up to the next group, and they end up hurting themselves or someone else by chasing it.
I'm nervous, but psyched all at the same time. I remember back to my motocross racing days, when I turned expert (A group), I started riding better, more controlled, and was almost instantly faster. So I'm stoked about that aspect. I'm nervous about getting in the way, (you people ROLL), and just learning the tendencies of the group.

I always try to share the "don't chase the bump" mentality with people I speak with. Both of my bumps, from B to I to A came from just riding my own ride and being close to a CR during the session. There is no cooler feeling in the world than when the CR stops you after the session, and tells you, "You're riding really well, I'd like to bump you". Along the lines of your story, Corey, I know someone who was TRYING to get to I, crashed his bike and hasn't ridden since.

Be safe, and have fun.........the hare is out of the chute :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Meat

z064life;269926 wrote: Hey Eric...

Turns out the clinic was a bit wrong on the "sprain"...he dislocated his ankle.
If that is the minor emergency clinic next to the airport in Danville, you are better off asking for medical advice from the drive through at McDonalds. They are exceptionally incompetent at thar clinic and don't seem to care.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Trkdaywannabe;269861 wrote: A big thank you to control riders Steve and Adam (sorry guys, didn't catch your last names) for giving me the tips, tows, advice and the bump to :a: group. Your compliments were a sweet surprise:)

I only got to do Mon. (darn truck let down Sunday morning, had to cancel) but I had an AWESOME time!!! The weather, riders (in all groups), and especially the CRs, did a great job on the day. I was pitted next to two first timers and they told me they had a blast, and their CRs were SUPER helpful !!!!

I never knew this old body could hurt so bad, damn I'm sore........CAN'T WAIT TIL THE NEXT EVENT !!!

Thanks again, for a great org., great people, and for another incredible track day !!!
Congrats on your bump!!

Jay305

Had an absolute blast on Monday, couldn't have asked for better conditions and the aroma of VP in the air would make anyone with a pulse excited. Can't wait to do it again, I think I may do both days in June.

noobinacan

corymac;270011 wrote: Yeah my first time in "A" group as at VIR South about 1 1/2 years ago. I been riding in "I" group for over 2 years before that day. Well when I did get bumped up, Jeff Pitzer found me in "A" group hiding out in the back of the group ready to go out. Well he and Billy held up everyone at the line, sent me to the front and let me go with a 5 sec head start. I was shitting my pants going into turn 1. I was thinking to myself "Don't wreak, where is everyone, oh Shit brake!!". By the fish hook I was getting passed by about 20 riders in "A" group. I was just like a rabbit getting chase by a bunch of wolves. Very Fast Wolves.

correction...he thinks it was a 5 second head start :D
more like..
1...2...3...go

yeah +1 on chasing the bump
Chasing the bump is the worst thing you can do to yourself.

Peanut

Control Rider
Everyone said it, a great weekend! Dennis said it earlier in the thread, tough to get back to work after that! Hope to see everyone soon, let's do it again!!

denbsteph

Peanut;270070 wrote: Everyone said it, a great weekend! Dennis said it earlier in the thread, tough to get back to work after that! Hope to see everyone soon, let's do it again!!
Thanks for the Tow Sunday and the positive constructive critiscism. It helped out a lot.

Dennis # 312

SnipeHunter

Control Rider
Thank You

I really enjoyed working with you guys. It's always nice to watch people figure things out. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Dion

depredador1198s

Jay305;270028 wrote: the aroma of VP in the air would make anyone with a pulse excited.

I've often said that they need to make a race fuel cologne of some kind
. . . :cool:

Wait a minute . . . but who would it attract . . . nevermind. :argh:

Kruizen

Control Rider
Dang Dion, you weren't kidding that your a lurker on the forum. 5 total posts..

It was great running with you amongst some the weird and crazy things we saw that one session.

Cycleeric

A big thank you goes out to CRs Dunham and Flowe for their help Saturday and Sunday. It was my first trackday since crashing in T5 at CMP so that was playing with my mind along with a super stiff brand new suit. Still had some great riding both days and probably had my best sessions Sunday afternoon after my suit started to loosen up so I could at least move a little bit. Gotta get my head and elbow down if Im gonna get faster. I'll be working on that very soon

Cant forget the track walk Saturday night lead by Peanut and Cal was a great help learning the lines and getting advice from you fast guys

Buelligan313;269954 wrote:
Does anyone know where the SpeedTV is posting their pics/videos?
It's actually a show produced by Greg, if anyone remembers "Greg's Garage" that was on Speed. He is a AMA commentator and has his own show, it's a web show located at http://www.gregsgaragetv.com/ Hope that helps. He is a cool dude, have known him awhile...we were novices together back in '96

denbsteph

Fluidology, Inc.;270289 wrote: It's actually a show produced by Greg, if anyone remembers "Greg's Garage" that was on Speed. He is a AMA commentator and has his own show, it's a web show located at http://www.gregsgaragetv.com/ Hope that helps. He is a cool dude, have known him awhile...we were novices together back in '96

:agree: Greg stopped by our pit and talked for about 40 minutes, good dude. Gave us some pointers and different strategies to try out.

It's gonna air next Tuesday the 16th, show # Four. Should see plenty of smiling NESBA faces.................