Want to start riding on the track

physicistkev

Control Rider
Much has been said here, but there is one thing that gets overlooked as most of us regulars can't remember the last lap, much less when we first started.

Talk to people.

Many people who have posted up will talk you, most without provocation. If you are standing in the pits, you are just a "hi" away from a multiple hour conversation about anything.

I will be out this year, but should be back next season. Welcome to some of the best times you can have legally.

Kevin

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
physicistkev;263448 wrote: Much has been said here, but there is one thing that gets overlooked as most of us regulars can't remember the last lap, much less when we first started.

Talk to people.

Many people who have posted up will talk you, most without provocation. If you are standing in the pits, you are just a "hi" away from a multiple hour conversation about anything.

I will be out this year, but should be back next season. Welcome to some of the best times you can have legally.

Kevin
Very true. To be honest, I love the entire track day. Yes, at the core, we're there to ride, but the whole atmosphere is just great. Love smelling (Not huffing...LOL) the race gas in the pits on some of the prepped bikes. The beautiful noise of fantastic machines running around the track. I'm probably one of the most anti social people out there, and if even I open up at track days, that means something! I think another big part of it is escaping your normal day to day drag of going to work. I view each weekend as a mini vacation to me.

The NESBA crowd is extremely friendly. I didn't feel like I was that out of the loop on my first weekend, but looking back, it's clear to see I was the new guy there. Had loads of people offering to show me around. The biggest eye opener was my first crash - I must have had half the paddock just swing by to see how myself and the bike was. I couldn't believe it - I never talked to most of the people prior to that. People offering help and parts to get me back on the track. They paid it forward, and now I'm doing the same. Great experience.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
physicistkev;263448 wrote: Much has been said here, but there is one thing that gets overlooked as most of us regulars can't remember the last lap, much less when we first started.

Talk to people.

I will be out this year, but should be back next season
. Welcome to some of the best times you can have legally.

Kevin
You will be missed, I looked forward to your vids...

physicistkev

Control Rider
vinny337;263464 wrote: You will be missed, I looked forward to your vids...
Thanks, I will miss making them. Believe it or not, I sit around and watch a few at least once a month. Usually to see D-Zum or Trey give me the finger???????

I am sure if you talked to D-ZUM, Trey or the other guys, there is probably an over/under that I come back this year. My prospects didn't look good, but Barber in November is hard to pass up. I am starting the research into the next bike. We will see what I show up with.

Enjoy the track, because I WILL be thinking about all you guys and gals.

Kevin

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
drummer85;263472 wrote: This sounds good guys...Thanks for all the feedback.
You bet! Closer to the dates, usually someone will start a "roll call" thread. Post up if you'll be in attendance at that date and track, and you'll have plenty of offers for help.

drummer85

HondaGalToo;263473 wrote: You bet! Closer to the dates, usually someone will start a "roll call" thread. Post up if you'll be in attendance at that date and track, and you'll have plenty of offers for help.
Will do!