Wanted, Old Crashed Helmets

gkotlin

I'm looking for some helmets with visors that I can cut in half and turn into wall art. Something that maybe was crashed on one side, but the other side looks nice.

PM if you've got anything that's just taking up space.

///Matt

I've got a scorpion urban destroyer in blue, with some paint blemish on one side and a crack on the other... Are you buying or just looking for donations?

Speed_Demon

I have a RF1100 with damage to one side of the front. Only scrapes. It's worth a 10% discount for a new lid at a local store, so if you can do better than that, it's yours

jimmeigs

Greg:

I have three or four nicely crashed and retired Arai helmets if you want to take a look. I'll bring them to Winks next time.

Jim M

truckstop

Cutting in half is a cool idea, but it *is* less work to just hang them up whole. :)

4828144440_9fb8ba1e01.jpg

PJZOCC624

truckstop;205660 wrote: Cutting in half is a cool idea, but it *is* less work to just hang them up whole. :)

Dude, seriously?????? :wow:

Those throw pillows don't even come CLOSE to matching that couch. WTF is wrong with you?!?!?

:D

Love that Duc, man!

gkotlin

truckstop;205660 wrote: Cutting in half is a cool idea, but it *is* less work to just hang them up whole. :)

Very nice!

I'm not looking to buy any. Just looking for stuff someone doesn't want. I would cover shipping costs, i wouldn't expect anyone to pay to give away their stuff. That's why I was looking for crashed helmets. Beggars can't be choosers. :)

Thanks for all the offers!

If only I was allowed a bike in the house.

Oh... and I hope that none of you ever have the opportunity to offer me up a helmet ever again :)

gkotlin

ridngsxrs;205651 wrote: I was going to give you my Suomy Spec Xtreme but you just gave me an idea! jk
I was afraid that might happen :)

It's only a great idea of others thing so too! Otherwise, it's just my opinion.

///Matt

If you want to cover shipping, I'll mail you my scorpion. You want it with the less-than perfect chrome visor, or the clear one?

timmah1991

And if you're cutting them in half and using the good halves, can I have all the junked halves? I'll make a montage of messed up helmets on my wall, and it'll be good motivation to wear my gear every day :p

gkotlin

timmah1991;205755 wrote: I think I might have one if you'd like. Will you be at bhf for chili cookoff weekend?I will be at the Labor day weekend events.

timmah1991;205759 wrote:
And if you're cutting them in half and using the good halves, can I have all the junked halves? I'll make a montage of messed up helmets on my wall, and it'll be good motivation to wear my gear every day :p
Sure :)

i've got a few but the Nolan Voodoo that's been hanging in the garage for a while now is prolly the most unique/artsy of the bunch. you're welcome to it if u want to cover shipping from 08080 or if there's a way i can get it to u from a nesba trackday. lmk
Ron

beac83

I'll have to look and see if I still have the helmet from my first track day somewhere. But it's rashed on all 4 sides :(

gkotlin

beac83;205939 wrote: I'll have to look and see if I still have the helmet from my first track day somewhere. But it's rashed on all 4 sides :(
You have to hold on to that one. I have one, as you know, that doesn't have 1 square inch of pretty on it. Those are conversation pieces.

I bust that one out when people tell me they don't NEED a helmet.