WERA - Blackhawk Farms - June 9,10

some guy #2

Who's making the trip for the first WERA race there ever ! (I think)

Running A SB, A SS, F1, and the HW Solo 20.

I doubt I'll do the test and tune day Friday but who knows.

steve p

No, not the first time ever. I believe the last time they were there is 1991. I was there then, and I'll be there June 9,10 :)

some guy #2

If it's before time on a bike it never happened :D!!

I thought they had been there but it had been 10 or some odd years. Evelyn will be there so it'll be cool to see the owner in person.

Smiley

so I'm wera noob
will they let get a novice license for showing up?
what classes can I run with a 600?
whos doing tires at these gigs?

dlockhart5x

Smiley;242858 wrote: so I'm wera noob
will they let get a novice license for showing up?
what classes can I run with a 600?
whos doing tires at these gigs?
1) post up in the new racer section on the wera beeb. you will get straight answers

I believe they have reciprocity with ccs and also offer a single event license

2) all the C classes and then racing up for the others

RTFRB
if it does not specifically state you "CAN" do something, you can't. A non- stock master cylinder or any number of things
like wire harness chops and light weight batteries and modified sub frames and .... so on
bump you to SB vs SS

3) don't know

some guy #2

If you have a race license from another major org they will let you have a weekend pass for $30 or $35. With a 600 you can run C SS SB and B SS SB and F1. No idea on tires but I imagine at least Pirelli, Bstone, and Mich will be there. Dunlop is always a maybe.

jonw189

some guy #2;242890 wrote: If you have a race license from another major org they will let you have a weekend pass for $30 or $35. With a 600 you can run C SS SB and B SS SB and F1. No idea on tires but I imagine at least Pirelli, Bstone, and Mich will be there. Dunlop is always a maybe.
Where did you find that info???

jonw189

nk140;243259 wrote: He is right. I have a MotoSeries license and just paid $30 or $35 when I went to Grattan a month ago.
:banghead: Well great, now I am running out of excuses not race that weekend. How about transponder rentals? I thought I saw somewhere that it is free for novices???

dlockhart5x

jonw189;243261 wrote: :banghead: Well great, now I am running out of excuses not race that weekend. How about transponder rentals? I thought I saw somewhere that it is free for novices???
Free for Provisional Novices.

dlockhart5x

some guy #2;243283 wrote: ^For both races or just the first weekend?
until you complete your PN status..

example

If you crash in a race on your second weekend you are still PN, so you wear the orange shirt another weekend and get free transponder rental.

some guy #2

That's a great deal! I still gripe about paying the rental fee. They're one year rentals may be a better option for people on the fence like me.

dlockhart5x

some guy #2;243292 wrote: That's a great deal! I still gripe about paying the rental fee. They're one year rentals may be a better option for people on the fence like me.
Save your recipts.

each one is a $30 credit towards buying a transponder

And what fence are you talking about ?
you are a racer now