WERA bound EX500r from GA

redciv1

New from Georgia waiting for first track day and racing school. Can someone tell me more about the race school? Can't find much info. Right now Bargy's school is looking really good and then WERA"s school.
Bike1_zps9f91e77c.jpg

andykurz

Both WERA and CCS require all new racers to take a race school. The school, usually performed by a trackday organization, covers race rules and procedures in a classroom session. You are also required to complete a mock race start without crashing. To do the mock race, you will line up on a grid and perform a standing start which will be started by flags.

These schools are not designed to teach you how to ride - that is better performed by your friendly CR or a race school like YCRS.

N2's race director's name is Les, he may chime in here. If you want to go fast, talk to him!

redciv1

I'm confused. I thought N2's was called Race School Licensing? So stick with Bargy and WERA school then?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
We do have a race school at select events that fulfils the requirement to obtain a license, check out the event schedule for the dates. N2 is a trackday org, but the race schools are held during some of the trackday events. It includes instruction for racing, not for learning to ride as Andy said.

I'm sure one of the race directors will chime in.

Also, check out the N2 racing section under members forums.

redciv1

It looks like all of the race schools are full. I was looking at Road A and it is full already as well as the next 2-3 months race schools. Because if I can do a track day and race school with N2 then Logisticslly, I would rather go that route. Although Bargy's school only needs one race weekend to get Novice License.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I think you have to email support @n2td.org to sign up. I'm not sure about that, but ask on the N2 race forum and also email to ask.

andykurz

It sounds like you may be over-complicating it. N2 offers a race licensing school as part of a normal track day, though you do have to sign up for it. It will include classroom instruction and a mock race start. It is completed in one day and you are free to ride as you normally would for most of the day, except for the required classroom sessions and the mock race start. I am not familiar with Bargy's school, so I can't opine on what they offer.

If your concern is getting your race license only, then N2's program is what you want. If you are looking for rider training above and beyond what you get from N2 CRs, then you will have to go to a race school.

If you have never launched a racebike from a standing start with a bunch of people around you, then you are in for a treat. It is pretty exciting.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Check the News and information section of the forum. There is now a sticky with race school details. Thanks Rob!

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
I just went and checked and none of the race schools are current full. You need to call support if you're a Novice ride as the race schools are for Intermediate and Advanced Riders.