WERA - Grattan - May,5,6

some guy #2

Weather is looking kinda iffy (foggy and warm) so I'm a maybe.

This would be my second time up there with WERA and looking to do better than dead last in all my classes :p

Anybody else thinking of heading over there this weekend?

dlockhart5x

Yes.. going over thursday for friday practice and race sat/sun.

and I sorta like racing in the rain, it makes a silly sport even more silly

dlockhart5x

Friday practice is 50/50 but the weekend is looking great 70s and a bunch of sun. Should be a great time trying to learn how to go a bit faster on that crazy track

ERB68

I really wanted to race at Road America. So I will have to try wera @ BHF. And try Grattan another time.

some guy #2

Ugh, it's been to long!!!

Great racing both days and no major crashes that I heard about for either day even with the ultra slick conditions Sunday afternoon.

Now I'm stoked for BHF with WERA June 9-10.

nk140

Links to videos:
Be gentle. This is my first time ever riding at Grattan. Finally got down to the 1:25s in the Formula one race. Too bad the rain came because I think I had another two seconds in me for C SS.

C Superbike Novice...My first ever sprint race. I have only done 2 solos up to this point. The start was very unsettling to say the least. Worked my way to 8th place out of 24.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUt3zQyhLUc

Formula one Novice. Second sprint race. 2nd place to the Joe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5rmVEcCTM

Jonny Boy

It was a pretty nice weekend, except for the rain late on sunday. It was my first time racing. I ended up with a 3rd in the heavyweight solo, 3rd in formula 1 and a 5th in B superbike. All novice classes. I will def be going to the next roung at grattan when they run CCW. I am sure that will be fun.

dlockhart5x

Very good riding guys. :adore:

You were flying for a first time at Grattan. Heck the front of the experts were in the 21s and your not that far off your first time there.

nk140

dlockhart5x;241216 wrote: Very good riding guys. :adore:

You were flying for a first time at Grattan. Heck the front of the experts were in the 21s and your not that far off your first time there.
Nice meeting you up there. Too bad the RS blew a piston.