Wera Paces

fclark00

I'm thinking of getting starting in Wera soon. I've been doing trackday's with Nesba for 4 years. How do the paces compare to Nesba? Is the Wera Novice class similar to Intermediete or beginner in nesba?

Dave561

Control Rider
My Laps is a good resource. Depending on the class it's been my experience that you got B I and A out there at the same time and I was gridded as 56 of 56 in my first race at VIR. Last year grids weren't as full but expect probably 20-40 riders in the C and B races

Matt H

slow_honda;58334 wrote: My Laps is a good resource. Depending on the class it's been my experience that you got B I and A out there at the same time and I was gridded as 56 of 56 in my first race at VIR. Last year grids weren't as full but expect probably 20-40 riders in the C and B races
20-40 might be optimistic for this year (but that depends on the track). The last WERA round at Nelson was a dual-region round, and was the opening round for the North Central (typically more people at the opening rounds as the new and excited people come out to try, and the existing racers haven't crashed out or blown their budgets). That said, Novice grids barely cracked 10 riders, even the "meat-grinder" C superbike. So it may not be as crazy and packed of a year, and maybe a good year for a rider new to racing to get his/her feet wet as such.

crewnutz

when youre starting out as a novice who cares what your pace is..........if you really wanna race, then race

biggest thing before jumping into it is to be confident in your abilities and be able to hold your line if and when you get lapped (if your running off pace that is)

WERA novice class will have people running B group times all the way to upper A group times.........its really a crapshoot

Clarus

Nothing says "I love racing" like having Bryan Bemisderfer pass under you as you lean it into turn 9 at a 20 mph speed differential.

No seriously, if you enjoy racing, who cares about your pace. As long as your comfortable with the track you'll do fine. Come join the 'Top 75%' club with me!

crewnutz

Clarus;58358 wrote: Nothing says "I love racing" like having Bryan Bemisderfer pass under you as you lean it into turn 9 at a 20 mph speed differential.

No seriously, if you enjoy racing, who cares about your pace. As long as your comfortable with the track you'll do fine. Come join the 'Top 75%' club with me!

you should see him on a CRF150R riding supermoto over the winter! he is insane

he holds the current configuration track record at the place we go in Chambersburg over the winter

rk97

unless i'm way off base, the guys who are worried about being too slow are rarely the problem.

mylaps is a great site, but make note of the day's conditions :)

a LW twins race in the rain makes me feel damn good about my pace! :p

Big Deezul

The pace up front is fast...the pace in the back is slow.

Actually this year, the pace up front is kinda slow too so far

Katie785

THANKS DENNY!!! I"ll take my up front slow pace and shove it up your... UMMM. yeah

THIS year, upfront for both CCS and WERA is 118-120 at Summit... 37-39s at VIR Nelson was around 111-112. It's getting over the ridiculous passing that you have to get used to...

I started from the back at the CCS races at Summit this weekend and lets just say that I wasn't very nice and the speed difference was quite great. In the last race i went from 30 something to 10th in 3 laps and I don't think i passed less than 2 at a time and that was weaving inside, outside and even in the dirt on the insdie of 6 to get around people. There were certainly some guys that i wished would have gone and done a track day or 2 (or 5) before coming out to race. I came up on some in 1 that seemed stopped completely and had no line whatsoever, weaving down the straight and taking the "outside"(hugging the outside of the track all the way around????) line in every corner... getting by them was much more difficult than getting safely by someone going 10 seconds faster and holding even a little bit of a line.

Big Deezul

Sorry I didnt mean it that way!
I think you are going really well this year and from what I have seen getting faster each time out.

I was just saying it seems like the front pace has dropped a bit. Look at what drew was running this time last year. I didnt see anyone close to those times.

In april someone ran a 1:21 as their fast lap and WON C superstock! That has been unheard of the last 5 years. All the races where the novices were split up I didnt see any 19's with Wera and very few with CCS. I saw on CCS where a novice race was won with 1:20's

You compare it to WERA last year and there were 5 or 6 guys in the 18-19 range on tha same weekend. Thats all I was trying to say.

Katie785

I know what you're saying and it's true. I was just giving you a hard time. The pace seems off this year. Ryan Jones, who ran 18s last year is winning alot this year but he's only running 19s and 20s. I'm not sure what happened to make him slow down (less competition) but it's been cold for alot of our races so far and the season is just getting started. By September, the times will be down again for sure.

Big Deezul

lol yeah...I saw Bryan Bemisderfer hit 16's on his at summit. The problem is ours are set up for the AMA and can only make 95 hp which is detuned from stock where his bikes can go all out!

I am going to do a few wera and ccs rounds summit and VIR most likely, but I will be at a major disadvantage.

Katie785

Yeah for sure.. the horsepower is the advantage on the Buell, so taking that away leaves for an interesting motorcycle. Are you riding for Geico this year?