what's the chance?

jimgl3

Jul 11, 2008
what's the chance of running the ama chicane at rd atlanta in april? :notsure:

jimgl3

Jul 11, 2008
you have to take the entrance on the brakes and the front slides every time. it is unnerving.

JRA

Jul 11, 2008
We run the configuration we run because we feel that works best for NESBA track days. There are legitimate arguments for and against, and I understand them clearly so no need to rehash them here. I think I know why you are asking and there is time allotted during race weekends to practice the configuration that is being raced. We are running a trackday for NESBA members and not a practice day for racers.

Hope that answers the question.

noobinacan

May 8, 2009
jimgl3;265658 wrote: pussie

; )
AMA chicane is so BOOOOORING...
the left sweeper is so much fun...high speed knee down..elbow on the curb :D

and downhill, there's so much going on there...

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Jul 12, 2008
Maryland
jimgl3;265660 wrote: you have to take the entrance on the brakes and the front slides every time. it is unnerving.
Exactly..and that's why it's not a good idea for a track day. Consider the higher number of bikes in B and I group on the track than in a typical race with the different abilities in those groups and you have a recipe for a VERY big traffic jam or some other not so fun event to take place on that piece of race track.

Come on Jim..you know better.

jcrich

Jul 12, 2008
MCO
The left hand sweeper is one of my favorite turns on the track. It was a great outside passing opportunity back in I group.

JayJay

May 15, 2009
jcrich;265672 wrote: The left hand sweeper is one of my favorite turns on the track. It was a great outside passing opportunity back in I group.
+1 Same for me.. That was usually a guaranteed passing area in I group.

The AMA chicane isn't bad but, I for one prefer the sweeper!!

JRA

Jul 11, 2008
Lots of people prefer the old way, but many would like us to run the chicane. The decision on the configuration is based solely on what I feel is the safest way for us to run a trackday at Road Atlanta. As an aside, I'm glad most in this thread are happy with that decision. :D