What's wrong with this pic?

BonesDT

Was dreaming about generators and came across this on Yamaha's site. I'm not a camper, but isn't this an oxymoron?

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
So are all those people that go camping in RV's. I can understand a pop-up camper for a good nights sleep, but isn't it the point to rough it? I loved going camping and sleeping in a tent. Yes, I stll sleep in my trailer when I can. Sometimes the generator is running, but just to run a heater.

Wink

Heck, I remember having UFC broadcast on the side of an RV with a satellite hookup at Road Atlanta a couple of years ago! Worked great.

mattf

I spent the night in a tent at NJMP last week....roughing it.........

.........like an idiot. Only person there in a frigging tent!

LesPow

Control Rider
mattf;92978 wrote: I spent the night in a tent at NJMP last week....roughing it.........

Dont worry you were not alone, I camped out at NJMP on the 25th, and it was lonely and cold. I had a nice view of the Nesba RV, but nothing like my air mattress and a sleeping bag. Hahaha

psustang89

Depends on the venue of the campsite. If you want to see some true RVing beauty, visit Happy Valley for a PSU home football game. Everthing from the pop-up through the $100K+ RV's, some with flatscreen TV's mounted outside. We use a Honda generator for the games, you can't even hear the thing when it's running...

rk97

mattf;92978 wrote: I spent the night in a tent at NJMP last week....roughing it.........

I've been the only guy at the track in a tent before. I just make sure to prepare the tent for hurricane-force wind and rain. This ensures perfect weather for both days :D

trackdays are no different than any other aspect of life. There are people who can afford to live large, people who can barely afford track time, and people who live large and pay a lot of finance charges later :)

I don't fault anyone for living in style at the track - but I do laugh at the absurd difference in what some people spend sometimes. Especially before i bought my 'new' bike, I could honestly pull up, set up the tent, unload the bike, etc, and quite literally have my ENTIRE PIT SETUP, including my bike and truck, be worth less than the 1098 pitted across from me. Of course I'd like to have a toy hauler and a diesel tow vehicle, but until the lottery pays off, there's nothing wrong with 'roughing it.'