What are respectable times by group for the different tracks?

snikwad;197135 wrote: all i know is i want a XT racing GPX pro . . .
I've heard about that magical box. After the track bike purchase and other support items all I can say for the timer is maybe next year.

Unless I can get a couple of CR's to whisper in my wife's ear, "He needs this". :D

lplonske

afinepoint;197316 wrote: Umm. Right. Hope you also got a satisfaction guarantee.
i'm picking up on your disbelief; i bet u think those penis enlargement pills don't work either. have a little faith, man

snikwad

^ lmao.
5 seconds is a lot, but i can see it happening with the information it gives, if used properly.
Just think about it, if you save 0.2 seconds every corner. adds up quick mang.

i dont know about penis pills tho.

rk97

afinepoint;197138 wrote: After the track bike purchase and other support items all I can say for the timer is maybe next year.

Unless I can get a couple of CR's to whisper in my wife's ear, "He needs this". :D

Talk to Lenny. My wife called while a bunch of us were sitting around the fire on a Saturday night, and Lenny just said, "give me the phone." I did. Got a 'new' bike a few months later :p

1up5down

Control Rider
snikwad;197362 wrote: ^ lmao.
5 seconds is a lot, but i can see it happening with the information it gives, if used properly.
Just think about it, if you save 0.2 seconds every corner. adds up quick mang.

i dont know about penis pills tho.
I have the GPX on my 08 & 09 R6 and yes, it got me 5 seconds at Thunderbolt last year and 6+ seconds at Summit. Now, I can't say just the lap timer itself got me the time, however careful analysis of what I was doing as Kubricky mentioned in his post along with the capabilities of the GPX most certainly did. To kurbicky's point, I've utilized a notebook to document my riding since 2008.

My GPX is very valuable to me as I understand it's value/place in my riding paradigm. As I stated before it is not the only tool, but one of them. I'm learning new things about the capabilities of the GPX all the time.

How approach my riding might also be the reason why I have only been down twice I started riding on the track in 2006. Once during my first weekend and then last season racing. I like not to count racing as things will happen when racing. However, I still believe that my track record of staying up is a good one. I don't allow myself to lose my head when riding as I know things will come in due time. Now, that does not mean I don't push it as there is a difference and knowing what the difference is, is the KEY!

I currently have my GPX wired up to give me:
Throttle Position
RPM
Brake on/off
Engine Temp
Gear indicator
Speed

- Allen

lplonske

I Hope u all realize I was kidding about the five second guarantee. The GPX just came today so i will try it out this weekend.

dbakerpa

gkotlin;195270 wrote: Lap times don't mean a thing if your not racing...... Not a good benchmark for track days.
:agree: I can run my SV650 @ 1:42 on VIR north but can win a Race @ 1:46 and have a friken ball @ 1:48. Just ride be smooth and have fun.

snikwad

excellent Allen, thanks for the reinforcement. i really need to just drop the coin and buy one already.

rk97;197382 wrote: Talk to Lenny. My wife called while a bunch of us were sitting around the fire on a Saturday night, and Lenny just said, "give me the phone." I did. Got a 'new' bike a few months later :p
Well . . . I have worked alot of overtime lately. Will make $2K in OT next week so . . .

Couple that with a wife that loves the track and encouraged the bike purchase. Must resist . .

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
afinepoint;198619 wrote: Well . . . I have worked alot of overtime lately. Will make $2K in OT next week so . . .

Couple that with a wife that loves the track and encouraged the bike purchase. Must resist . .
Now all you need to do is get her to work the $2k in overtime and buy you the bike.

Good one.

Got the bike already. It was my bike she encouraged back in May.

On a different note, "How is it the house knows every time I get some extra money?!" Something has to break :(

ZeroBahamutxRR

afinepoint;198619 wrote: Couple that with a wife that loves the track and encouraged the bike purchase. Must resist . .
Women like that are few and far between. Hold onto her like grim death lol. Mine bought me sato rear sets my first year and tire warmers last year. Around april this year she's like "What do you need for the track this year?" :)