What do you all recommend?

Snow

I'm looking to buy a new Quickcar tire/pressure gauge, but I don't know the differences between the three Qucikcar gauges I'm looking at.
1) Glo tire Gauges
2) Dry Gauges
3) Liquid Filled Gauges

If you all could tell me the differences between the three and which one you would recommend I would appreciate it.

Dave_636

I can only speak for liquid filled gauges. The reason a liquid gauge is nice is because it prevents the internals of the gauge from getting blasted with pressure in case the tire pressure is high. The oil will absorb the shock and prevent the high pressure from screwing with the calibration.

Hope that helps a bit, good luck with your search.

Dave_636

As with any gauge just make sure you don't drop it!! This wil screw up the calibration and make the gauge useless.

Also if you ever get a chance have the gauge calibrated against a true pressure gauge. This will give you an idea of how close to accurate the gauge is and let you run actual tire pressures once you know how inaccurate your gauge really is.

Dave_636

Nah turned out I cleaned the lower fork tubes too well and it was too cold outside for the fork oil to flow properly. Let it sit for a day, came back and the noise disappeared. On the one hand I'm glad the noise is gone on the other hand I hate when a problem fixes itself...

JVance

Derek sells the liquid filled quickcar gauges out of the NESBA parts trailer. If you are going to Road Atlanta you can pick one up there. Where are you from in NC?

Snow

JVance;44801 wrote: Derek sells the liquid filled quickcar gauges out of the NESBA parts trailer. If you are going to Road Atlanta you can pick one up there. Where are you from in NC?
I'm not going to be at RA can't make it, I work for a local utility company and I'm on call that weekend. If Derek sells the liquid ones thats what I want. South of Raleigh, 40 42 area.

Snow

Dave_636;44800 wrote: Nah turned out I cleaned the lower fork tubes too well and it was too cold outside for the fork oil to flow properly. Let it sit for a day, came back and the noise disappeared. On the one hand I'm glad the noise is gone on the other hand I hate when a problem fixes itself...
I wish all my problems fixed themselves!