What do you do with frame and engine remains?

finny47

I've been successfully selling my '01 F4i part by part on Ebay. I'm getting down to the frame and engine block very quickly. Where do you guys take the leftovers in IL? Junk yard? Are there issues with the frame if you don't have the title?

noobinacan

engine block..as in working motor ?
if you're frame doesn't have a title. then people will still buy it if they need a frame.
I won't junk it...give it away for free and someone will make use of it for sure.

j_fuggin_t

the frame w/o a title is still worth money to a track guy, as long as it has a clean vin on it and something that if they felt they needed to trace it for piece of mind. so its worth something for sure. When you buy a honda replacement frame the do however come blank & no vin stamped, i know this because my 08 600rr has a blank frame & i've been thinking about selling it but the paperwork has been a pain :argh:

eE jeremy

If you just want the stuff gone find a metal recycler (the guys with the shitty pickup trucks full of metal trash). If the parts are not stolen there is absolutely nothing wrong with selling them without a title, but most people will want to run a vin check to make sure they aren't stolen or owned by a bank if they are buying something without a title.

finny47

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll try to sell the frame, too.

Yeah... the engine still runs. It started making a loud clunking sound this year. Tried the cam chain tensioner replacement, that didn't fix it. I had one of those magentic core drain plugs that lost the core at about the same time. I was convinced that core was bouncing around inside the engine doing damage.

Picked up a GSXR 750, then started to tear down the old bike to sell the parts. After I stripped it, I decided to take off the oil pan and alternator cover. I found the core in the oil pan screen. I took off the NRC alternator cover and found the loud clunking noise was only my stator had worked its way a little loose and was getting knocked around! :doh:

Oh well, I wanted a newer bike anyways.

TheGrouch

In my area, you can set that stuff outside the night before garbage day and the junk guys will gladly haul off anything made of metal.

jimgl3

only problem i am finding is shipping (freight) is a b i t c h !!!

anyone coming to Rd Atl in Oct need a cbr1000rr motor? 06 with approx 5k miles (pipeline714's bike)

racer23

Gary,
I'll take the engine off your hands if you are going to just junk it. There are still lots of expensive parts I put in there when I built it.

gkotlin

racer23;215571 wrote: Gary,
I'll take the engine off your hands if you are going to just junk it. There are still lots of expensive parts I put in there when I built it.
I'll pick it up and deliver it to him for you. It doesn't get any easier then that :)

finny47

Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know when I'm done extracting what I'm capable or willing to remove.