What do you see wrong with this fork compression valve assembly?

01wj

What do you all see wrong with the way this compression valve unit was assembled?

IMAG0152.jpg

Also, is it just me but these fork assemblies were supposed to be valved with racetech valves. The compression valve assembly looks like it has Racetech parts but the rebound valves look stock?

IMAG0151.jpg

01wj

Lonewrench;228098 wrote: show us a pic of the bottom of the rebound stack where the nut is please.
Don't have another photo right now. Forks / internals are at the shop getting completely redone and I am on the other side of the country currently. I was told the compression stack was put together completely wrong. (I'm no expert by the way) I guess there are supposed to be more washers on the top and that big silver thing isn't even supposed to be in there (If you are looking from the left) along with a couple other things.

Do any of you see anything wrong with the stack? (This was supposed to be a Racetech valving job BTW)

emry

I see a Racetech nut, a OEM spring seat, a old style gold valve (big port), a ton of 17mm shims, base washers and then the compression base. Rebound looks like the stock valve, but it may have been reshimmed, thus Chuck's query into the bottom. Is the OEM peening still in place? At a glance it looks like a harsh setup unless they were using a very light oil.

Typically either the Racetech or the stock Spring seat are used not both. But it really has little effect...