What exercises do you do to help you ride?

Psychoholic

(Other than cardio)

My hip flexibility is pretty weak right now, so I've been stretching more and doing the hip machines at the gym, was thinking about adding some yoga to help get the knee down a bit more. What kinds of things, if any, do you do to help you ride?

Kruizen

Control Rider
Lots of squats/lunges-use low or no weight and use full range of motion, full motion will also assist flexibility.

Also light weight dead lifts, high reps.

Do lots of lower weight/high rep sets to help build endurance.

I personally recommend the les mills body pump class at the gym, barbells are used throughout the class.

fitz

For me, the Concept2 rowing machine, best overall exercise for riding (and I've done them all).

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
LOTS of cardio for stamina

Bicycling and stairmill climbing are my preferences

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
12 ounce curls.

No, really. Lots of cardio, biking, treadmill, elliptical. 5 days a week for 30 mins. My schedule only allows me to get to each bodypart once a week. For legs, I do squats, deadlifts, lunges, extensions, curls, inner thighs. And stretch.

borislav

Control Rider
Not an advertising it but P90X does it for me (when family and work allow) has everything in it and running.

Ruhe52

Kettle Worx!!!!!!!!!!and cycle. Of course I have been playing nurse to my wife and her fugged up knee so I have done nothing except drink heavily and oddly I feel more prepared to go ride than ever before.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Run, a lot, but not always by choice. LOL

Try to keep in the gym at least 4x a week. However, it's paid off. I think the only reason I got 5th place in the 16 lap WERA solo race was due to my better physical condition than some of the other riders. They had me fair and square, but I started making time and passing people on the last 4-5 laps when they were running out of steam. Funny enough, my best lap time of that race was the very last one. Actually, I'm damn sure it's because of my conditioning, because I only got 10th on the 6 lap sprint races the next day.

jsin38

Ice hockey goaltending. The glove is just like the clutch and the stick is just like the throttle. Also works the back, glutes and thighs. Dry land is stretching esp. the groin. Then exercises to strengthen the lower back (nothing like throwing your back out the night before while loading the truck). Oh, and diamond push ups.

In short, core strength is key.

cartmen34

Spin bike for cardio. I spend an hour 4 days a week on it. It has helped tremendously with my endurance and ability to focus during the last sessions of the day.

dbakerpa

four corner lunges, cable pulls, bike about 200 mies a week. Oh yeah lots of planks of every kind. Its all about the core.

Last Week

P90x core synergistics, yoga X, plyoX. I also like to do Insanity workouts. Really anything core and leg.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Bryant

He who isn't afraid, isn't trying hard enough.
The excersises I do for ridding is... Ride. :) lol jk jk I sometimes will work out with the wife. Lol she does step aerobics. I know it's gay. But she thinks I'm going with her because I'm a good husband. But the truth is I'm working out my legs. It's actually really hard! Lol.