What fuel do ya run?

i-Zapp

Pump gas. Race fuel, while it smells wonderful, is a complete waste to run for track days, and a lot of club level racers...
I would be very interested in buying a fuel additive that just made it SMELL like race gas. :cool: gotta be worth a few tenths...

cyclox

C12 or Sunoco 110 leaded mixed with oil. Might not work as well for your bike though... ;)

I'll have to try the ethanol equalizer product in my street bike ('99 SV650). If the bike sits for any length of time with regular ethanol-positive gas, the carbs get really nasty and the bike runs poorly, if at all.

I found some local sources for ethanol-negative fuel here:

http://pure-gas.org/

Doesn't look like there are any options near NJMP, but there are a few near Summit Pt.

In general, if your bike doesn't need the detonation/knock prevention that race fuel offers, save your $ and just use regular pump gas at the track and then fill up with the ethanol-free stuff when the bike is going to sit around.

steftoff

I live near NJMP and there isn't any ethanol free gas pumps around here.
My F4 was a mess when I got it. After a good cleaning she runs great. All I run is 93 pump gas. When it is going to sit I put Sea Foam in the gas and run it for a few mins then turn the gas off and run it till she stops. Haven't had any problems in the last 2.5 years.

I do love the smell of race fuel though. Just can't afford to run it.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Yeah, no ethanol-free stations anywhere in NJ...

Steftoff, there's a gas shut off? What year F4? My buddy has a 2000 and has had the carb issues. I didn't look for a shut off, but running the carbs dry is a great idea. I just figured it had vacuum feed like most newer bikes....

steftoff

HondaGal
The gas shutoff is accessible from the right side of the bike if you reach in between the subframe. I will show you on Sat when i find you. I can go over the entire bike with your buddy and hopefully help him out.
As far as how I like the bike for the track. I love it! For a totally stock bike it is pretty good. It can only get better from this point with some minor mods.
BTW my bike is a 2000 also.
It had just over 11000 miles on it when I bought it as a wreck. (Clean title though) I paid $1000 for it and put about $500 into it at first then last spring I highsided it down at Jennings GP and put a few more bucks into it to get it where it is now.
Awesome little bike. I'll talk to ya Sat about it. I can go on and on and on....lol

Stefan