What I learned at T-Bolt 9.29

CBRtist

1. Don't get sucked into following a :cr: who is not wearing a shirt and did not instruct you to follow him. You will realize your vast speed differential, most likely too late... and in a turn.

2. When they say that your tires might be cold on the left, believe it (this, in conjunction with #1 results in ouchie).

3. You can pat the ground BUT you can also stare up at the sky if there are clouds and see if they are moving while you are mentally making your body part assessment.

4. To my husband who said "I wouldn't worry. If you crash at the speed you're are going in B Group, you'll be lucky if you scuff your leathers." YOU WERE WRONG! :flipoff: I ripped them too! Albeit just a little bit :rolleyes:

5. You *might* think you are ready to go back out after reteching your bike (this is why 10 different people ask you this), but after a few laps in a few sessions with soreness and going über safety upright slow, you realize you are wasting everyone's time... including your own and it's time to call it a day. Like a wise man once said: It's just money, you'll make more tomorrow.

Other than that, great weather, good company and thank you :adore: CR Chris for working with me on one of my biggest challenges (and fears), the Chicane. Saying "treat it like a kink, not a turn" made a world of sense to me.

I hope everybody else, all in all, had a good day :)

Myers

Control Rider
Me: Glad your Ok.. you sure your good?
Wendy: Yep.. everyone keeps asking me that?

SUPER glad to shake your hand and meet you! You are a trooper... knocked a little dirt outta the fairings and you were off and riding again!!!

Learn from it, be thankful for being ok and only the slight damage to the bike - see you out there soon!

Len

CBRtist;290292 wrote: 1. 5. You *might* think you are ready to go back out after reteching your bike (this is why 10 different people ask you this), but after a few laps in a few sessions with soreness and going über safety upright slow, you realize you are wasting everyone's time... including your own and it's time to call it a day. Like a wise man once said: It's just money, you'll make more tomorrow.
It varies, but mentally, it's better to get back on the horse then be afraid of it.

I crashed on a friday, right before a CCS weekend. Know what happened and move on.

Glad you weren't hurt!!:eek:

devildogae

I think Viper said it best in the Movie Top Gun when he said, " A good pilot is compelled to evaluate what’s happened, so he can apply what he’s learned. Up there, we gotta push it. That’s our job."

R1Baby

Control Rider
R1Baby;290345 wrote: Wendy, glad at could help, to bad you could not stay for dinner, it was wonderful.
No way, you snooze you loose! I ate your portions, and we fed the rest to a stray cat. Actually it would have been nice to have you, sorry you could not stay.

CBRtist

R1Baby;290366 wrote: No way, you snooze you loose! I ate your portions, and we fed the rest to a stray cat. Actually it would have been nice to have you, sorry you could not stay.
I could have been tempted if for dessert there were banana splits... banana foster... etc. ;)

Thank for the well wishes and advice Dan (see what you missed!), Vinny, Ducti, and Caleb :)

Ballpeen;290327 wrote:
Me: Glad your Ok.. you sure your good?
Wendy: Yep.. everyone keeps asking me that?
Hahaha but I also remember:
Len: Are you SURE you are good?
Wendy: I *think* so
Len: you THINK SO?!?!????
Wendy: Yeah.. I'm good... really I'm good...

Best part is when the EMT asked my DOB and I said "1969". He looked at me and hesitated and I repeated it. Then they asked "any history of blood pressure, heart disease, yadda yadda" and I answered "Nope. I'm perfectly healthy... I'm just old." I should have added crazy and/or that I suspect my husband has a BIIIIGGGG life insurance policy out on me.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I'm glad I missed it, you're one of my best students. Thankfully you're ok!! this is the unfortunate part of this sport we all hate. Get your bike fixed over the winter and I’ll look forward to working with you again next season.

CBRtist

vinny337;290431 wrote: I'm glad I missed it, you're one of my best students. Thankfully you're ok!! this is the unfortunate part of this sport we all hate. Get your bike fixed over the winter and I’ll look forward to working with you again next season.
A student is only as good as their teacher ;) Just sayin! It's ok because you had your enthusiastic "Wendaaaaaay!" For me when I walked by you. And don't write me off yet, I still might try to get one more in '13.

wutsup

Glad you're alright! I remember seeing your bike in the grass outside of Turn 5 I think it was? I also remember in a session or two before, someone who has a white GSXR also crashed in Turn 5 as well.

motorkas

Glad to hear your OK. . .and very sorry about hearing it happened in the first place (LOVED the story of what happened after you told them what year you were born in. . .:)

Myers

Control Rider
Hahahahaha.... i forgot about the "I think so" as you were getting ready to go ride again. Take care and see you soon!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
CBRtist;290461 wrote: A student is only as good as their teacher ;) Just sayin! It's ok because you had your enthusiastic "Wendaaaaaay!" For me when I walked by you. And don't write me off yet, I still might try to get one more in '13.

Wendaaaaaaay, that’s the spirit!! So I didn’t have your undivided attention when I told my students “don’t crash” and to “follow me
”. A student is only good as the teacher, that depends on some students. I'm living proof, in this sport some students become the teacher. ;)