What p*sses me off about NESBA

jimmeigs

1. My emails to the NESBA staff either never get answered or finally get answered after I send the 5th or 6th email raising hell about not getting answers.

2. My email inquiries to Nesbaparts.com never get answered, or at least haven't to date and I'm on my forth email asking about my free tires which I have never received.

I'm a well paying customer and I expect at least the same level of respect I do get from other track organizations and parts suppliers.

Is this asking too much? Do you all care? You all need a course in customer service before there are no customers to service.........

For what ever reason their email server blocks certain email addresses. I had all sorts of trouble a couple of months ago trying to get some parts. Obviously they haven't fixed it. I was having issues sending from my yahoo account.

geckert

I have had several emails that were not responded to either and I also use a yahoo account. There is probably something going on with the email blocking like beechking said.

1literduceater

I have had issues emailing as well in the past - yahoo and verizon. I now pick up the phone and make the call. For the most part (I think) its quicker. Chris or Mark pick up the phone - you tell them what you need - say thanks and thats it.

:dunno:

beac83

I work with email a lot for another non-profit org. The larger ISP's seem to be more and more picky about what email they will deliver. The big three-letter ISP is at the top of that list. The worst of it is that when they haphazardly decide to toss your email rather than deliver it, they don't return a non-delivery message, so you never know they did it.

If you send an email and don't get a reply in 2-3 days, send again. If second email doesn't get a response, pick up the phone and call.

mlmoore

I've worked in IT all my career. As much as we have all come to expect email to be reliable it isn't. Email is handled by SMTP (Simple Mail Transport protocol) which is by definition an "unreliable transport". What this means is that there is no guarantee that the message is delivered. The email may go through several servers before it reaches it's destination and if one of them has a problem it will not send a message back saying it didn't work. My company receives millions of emails every day. over 97% of them are SPAM and we drop them without any response. If your message gets mistakenly identified as spam it just get dropped.

My rule. If I can wait a day or two use email. If I need something now use the phone. And don't blame the recipient for not responding until I talk to them.

jimmeigs

You know, it's easy to blame email issues but when your email finally gets answered after a while you come to realize it's not the system.

During my career I would commonly get 50 to 100 emails each day that would be answered in a reasonable amount of time. If picking up the phone is the answer then NESBA and NESBA parts should not publish their email addresses.

sternsi

Control Rider
or instead of saying it is NESBA's fault....you could actually use the correct email address for parts.There is no such email as nesbaparts.com, You are not going to get a reply on that email, it does not exist.....

THE CORRECT EMAIL IS PARTS@NESBA.COM.

or info@nesba.com, not the members@nesba.com I keep getting complaints about, it is another one that DOES NOT EXIST other then for event notifications.

RyanITV

Admin
To follow up with what Mark said - the members@nesba.com address is used ONLY for forum/site notifications. The proper email address has always been info@nesba.com - the members@nesba.com address has never been checked, read or replied to.

I've updated the server to auto-reply with a message stating the same thing as of a few minutes ago.

Our mail servers do use anti-spam filtering on the server in an attempt to reduce the amount of spam. It's reasonably effective in reducing the amount of junk mail, but you'll have the occasional message that gets flagged erroneously (as with any filtering technology).

Like Craig said - I would have just called after the second email went unanswered...

Ryan

jimmeigs

sternsi;60704 wrote: or instead of saying it is NESBA's fault....you could actually use the correct email address for parts.There is no such email as nesbaparts.com, You are not going to get a reply on that email, it does not exist.....

THE CORRECT EMAIL IS PARTS@NESBA.COM.

or info@nesba.com, not the members@nesba.com I keep getting complaints about, it is another one that DOES NOT EXIST other then for event notifications.
Copy of a few of the emails: Couldn't copy the latest header.....

Is there any chance of an answer? I believe this is the fifth email I have sent about this........is anybody out there?

Jim Meigs

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: parts@nesba.com
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:22:36 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Fwd: Waiting on my tires

p { margin: 0; }Any response/news on my tires?

Thanks,

Jim Meigs

----- Forwarded Message -----

To: parts@nesba.com

Sent: Monday, June 1, 2009 11:07:11 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central

Subject: Waiting on my tires

p { margin: 0; }Hey Mr. Moon:

I sent my tire certs in a few weeks ago and have not heard or received anything. What's the timeline on getting my Qualifiers?

Mysteryman

Dutch;60710 wrote: You should have just sent them an e-mail with this complaint.
:haha::haha:

why people think they need to bitch openly when they dont get instant gratification or the special treatment they think they deserve is beyond me. what ever happen to if you have an issue with someone you take it up with that person. A more mature route would be ask the question, on the board, about alternate ways to get a hold of the parts guy at nesba (chris moon) and hash things out privately. :banghead:

Supergirl

I agree with Jim here completely.

jim is a customer, and if i'm running a business, i need to make sure my spam filters are okay. (oh trust me, i know what i'm talking about here).

a simple "we will get back to you bla bla" is a lot more professional than just not replying at all.
if i recall right, this is not the first time someone is complaining about it.

it's the basics of customer support. jim is not a one-time customer either, and i can ABSOLUTELY understand that he expects to hear back from the officials in a more timely manner.

jimmeigs

Mysteryman;60729 wrote: :haha::haha:

why people think they need to bitch openly when they dont get instant gratification or the special treatment they think they deserve is beyond me. what ever happen to if you have an issue with someone you take it up with that person. A more mature route would be ask the question, on the board, about alternate ways to get a hold of the parts guy at nesba (chris moon) and hash things out privately. :banghead:
It's beyond me why you think an answer to a series of emails is "special treatment" or "instant gratification ".

I got an answer today after weeks of "private" emails. Member feedback is for feedback, good or bad. If NESBA does not want feedback, then get rid of the Member Feedback portion of the forum.

jimmeigs

Just to end this thread:

Moon contacted me and said there was some confusion about the shipping fee for my order, but that it was cleared up and I should expect my shipment in a few days. NESBA offered to pick up the fee for shipping as well.

Thanks NESBA and Moon for helping me get past this issue.:congrats: