what type of workout do you guys and girls do?

ridelater

i circuit train hiting all the muscle groups each day. try to w/o 4-5 times a week. change up your w/o every month or so. light weight, ton of reps. you dont want to bulk up riding bikes. also lots of cardio. also search online to find exercise to w/o muscle used for riding. i grabed a book about exercises for motocross this past winter and it did help start the yr off with better endurance.

dbarufaldi

bmart;216260 wrote: I cook a couple of times a week and watch racing on TV. :wow:
I used to run 7 miles a day, but wound up 50 miles from home at the end of every week...

I'm here all week, folks....:D

crewnutz

my trainer puts togethor crossfit type exercises for me
I have found that it has helped my riding a ton. I can do an hour stint without too much difficulty as long as its not 90+ degrees out. Then the heat really affects me more than anything.
I also try to get out and mountain bike about 10 miles twice a week.

The best way to get rid of rider fatigue is to ride more though. The best thing for my riding endurance ever was when I started indoor supermoto 4 years ago. It helped me more than anything!

jfeagin

I don't have anything funny to say. Sorry. :dunno:

Cycle at least three times a week for 30 minutes+. Lately I've been using the cycle machine at the gym a lot. Weights mostly on the machines covering all areas, though I concentrate on legs and core more than upper body. Quad presses and that one where you squeeze have really helped. At home I do position holds like the chair sit against a wall, which is great for knee strength, and also planks/side planks. And lots of stretching.

Not that you could tell any of this to look at me. :eek:

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Weight lifting 5x per week, one body part each day, three different exercises, three sets of 8-12 reps, usually pyramid. 30 mins of cardio (spin bike, treadmill, elliptical machine or rower) 5-6x per week.

Billsv/R6

saying Tony Horton could beat Chuck Norris is like picking The steelers the 1st week. He would be crushed and embarrassed.