what type of workout do you guys and girls do?

nodakgus

R1Baby;216361 wrote: Crossfit five days a week, cycling interval training three times week. Crossfit rocks
+1 for Crossfit. I try to do a "named WOD" 2-3 times a week. Plus cardio and free weights - particularly legs.

Gorecki

Rasta;216353 wrote: p90x/insanity
Totally! The program is certain failure! It's only going to work long term for people who train like an addiction, the balanced/normal people WILL BURN OUT! I've known a few to try it and all burned out.

Me on the other hand right now, I'm being really bad, old and slow. :D

LesPow

Control Rider
Gorecki;216671 wrote: Totally! The program is certain failure! It's only going to work long term for people who train like an addiction, the balanced/normal people WILL BURN OUT! I've known a few to try it and all burned out.

Me on the other hand right now, I'm being really bad, old and slow. :D
I meant that I do P90X for six weeks, then two weeks INSANITY work out. Or some times traditional body building weight lifting. Soccer on weekends. I only work out three/four times a week, or else I will burn out. I burn out because I need more sleep, but with family duties its hard, furthermore P90X is an extreme work out. You also have to go your own pace. I hate it, but I love it.

Gorecki

Rasta;216705 wrote: I meant that I do P90X for six weeks, then two weeks INSANITY work out. Or some times traditional body building weight lifting. Soccer on weekends. I only work out three/four times a week, or else I will burn out. I burn out because I need more sleep, but with family duties its hard, furthermore P90X is an extreme work out. You also have to go your own pace. I hate it, but I love it.
My apologies Les, I took that the WRONG direction. Sounds like you have found a balance with it AND you play footie? Dude, you’re doing well, sound a bit like me 2 years ago. But, like I said, right now I'm being BAD. :eek:

noobinacan

play lots of xbox.
it keeps your hand eye coordination up and works your hand muscles...
also keeps your reaction time up.

1up5down

Control Rider
IDDS or better know as I Don't Do Shit, lol! I'm sure my riding would benefit a ton if I decided to workout. I guess it has something to do with working aggressively as a college athlete. I just can't do a moderate workout routine as it feels like cheating. However, something is better than nothing.

Irish01

Hmm, cardio type things: push ups, sit ups, leg lifts, beer lifts and STRETCHING. Light weights and a lot of reps versus heavy weights and less reps.

physicistkev

Control Rider
When I see posts like this I always smile.

I don't do much. The only exercise I get is when I play with my son, who is six, and my daughter who is 5 months. I might do some building around the house, new bathroom, kitchen, shelving unit in the basement or some other carpentry project. At work I try to take the stairs as much as I can and I park as far away as possible when I go somewhere. Even though I am married, I still have sex... and yes, it's with my wife :first: I don't ride on the street any more, so I only ride 6 to 10 days a year. That's it.

It's sad, I know. Except for the sex part :D

Kevin

HokieRider

I was a football player in high school and have maintained decent fitness ever since.

Recently ive starting looking into doing these Tough Mudder 5/10k runs I have a few friends that do them and they say theyre a blast! I enjoy a physical challenge, so im looking forward to doing something other than just going to the gym and running to stay in shape

Katie785

Aside from riding, which is the best training you can do... CYCLE!!! I started cycling, lifting, and doing a ton of core excercises over the winter one year & the next year I podium'd a bunch of stuff in Novice WERA --- and even though I was already a CR, my laptimes dropped SIGNIFICANTLY. Just imagine how much faster and in control you can be if you're not thinking about how much your knees are shaking. It's incredible.

NoBull

All I can say is I wish I was in as good shape when I was riding as I am now. I do a mix of P90X (when I have my kids and need to stay home) and gym lifting weights with eliptical or treadmill cardio (when I don't have the kids). Did some 5K runs this year too.

I was still working my way into shape last summer when I stopped riding due to a bad crash but I was running my fastest times ever on all tracks that spring/early summer plus I could run decent A pace all session every session. No pulling in before the flag. No skipping sessions. It pays to be in shape.

If you just want to do a little, P90X plyometrics a couple of times a week would do great things for your legs and stamina.

moonbeam

Jiggy;216350 wrote: 12oz curls..... 12 reps on a week night, 24 on a weekend.
:agree:This is the same one I use > or < . It works great , and I don't even break a sweat .

Keep up the good work

Moonbeam

dbakerpa

High intensity intervals on the bike 10/5 min x 4, 3 times a week. Weight training maintaining 60% max heart rate minimum. Its all about those 7 laps!