Where to stay??

racerx69

Im coming to VIR for my first track day this year. This may be a dumb ? but where does everybody stay during the track day weekend? The facility lodging, which looks pricey, camp, or nearby hotel??:dunno:

dbakerpa

I stay in my hauler but the rooms at the paddock are nice. I stayed there for an SED and was glad to have a nice soft bed for the weekend.

DFlowe

The Day's Inn on Riverside Drive in Danville is where I've stayed with friends a couple of times. I think the room was about $80 per night plus tax.

Meat

VIR on-site in order of quality and price (1 being the best)
1) The Villas at South Bend (condos, very nice, but not cheap)
2) The Lodge (around $100), nice
3) Around $100, crappy (in my opinion) for around $100 but you are right over the garages for North course so, you just walk downstairs to the track. And you have your own bathrooms right in the paddock.

I stay in my trailer now, but I have stayed in all three locations. I prefer the Villas, but then I am prissy like that.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I stayed in the ones Meat called crappy. I thought they were fine. No carpet on the floors kinda gives it a dormitory feel, but it's very convenient when riding the North course.
Guess Meat is prissier than me, LOL!!! Beats driving from Danville, IMHO.

Next time, I'll try the Lodge. The on-site restaurant is nice, too.

dbakerpa

DAHAAM I didnt know about the jacuzzis. Beats the plastic shower at the paddock. Not to mention after the SED I needed a 10 hour jacuzzi

smack28752

Staying in the rooms over the garages in the paddock is great on a HOT VIR day. Sneak in for A/C or even a quick shower off. Sit outside the door and see the fast finishing straight! Beds and tubs are better at the lodge though. Good stuff...

Meat

HondaGalToo;170482 wrote: Guess Meat is prissier than me, LOL!!!
The truth does hurt sometimes. :)

When I stay at the villas, I can also get a massage and a facial, and a mani-pedi at their on-site salon.

Rydell

Danville has the closest hotels. There's one next to the Hampton that's about 50-60 a night. Then there VIR's on-site facilities of course. Or you could always just pitch a tent if you're a good sleeper. Expect to be woken early from someone starting and riding their bike around, though.

kawaholic

Rydell;170620 wrote: Danville has the closest hotels. There's one next to the Hampton that's about 50-60 a night. Then there VIR's on-site facilities of course. Or you could always just pitch a tent if you're a good sleeper. Expect to be woken early from someone starting and riding their bike around, though.
i depend on that. it's the best sounding alarm clock, imho...:D

if you pitch a tent, just make sure you have some sort of sleeping pad to put under your sleeping bag. there isn't any soft terrain in the paddock.

betarace

VIP Suites (over the garage) is the program - also at NJMP same room, same price - have an airconditioned lunch and a hot shower at the end of the day before libations ensue

dbakerpa

Meat;170578 wrote: The truth does hurt sometimes. :)

When I stay at the villas, I can also get a massage and a facial, and a mani-pedi at their on-site salon.
Anybody seen my mental eraser?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Meat;170578 wrote: The truth does hurt sometimes. :)

Hahaha, just had to mess with ya!