which bike for track days

sportracer07

Ok guys i recently picked up an ex track bike, sv 650 for 300 bucks. It has a penske rear shock and gold valve emulators in the forks. supposidly has engine work done also,making 78hp.I have been running a 95 cbr f3 as my track bike which is bone stock but i love riding that bike. I should mention that i ride a fast intermediate class pace. Now for my question. Would the sv be a better track bike for me or should i stay with the ole honda. Everyone i have talked to says the sv would be much slower but im nt done building it yet so idk if i should go full race or street.And i havnt really got to take it for a good ride.

bluers

$300 or $3000? If it's 300 you should sell the F3 and use the money for suspension and trackdays on the sv. Either way there are a few guys running sv's in A group. They are a very capable bike. If you are upper I on a 95 CBR you are riding the crap out of that bike and I would say you would do well on the sv as well. I'll let some of the sv owners chime, but I'm saying stick with the sv!

sportracer07

Got it for $300.00 , the previous owner had torn it down to paint the frame black and ended up buying a ducatti instead. He offered it to me for 500, we finally settled on 300. I had to build the bike from the ground up. From what i hear sv's dnt have a lot of top speed and im worried about gettn ran over on long straight aways like VIR north. Its set up for the track already drilled safety wired, rearsets, eveything except plastic it only came with the tail section., Do you think i wld turn faster laptimes on the sv?

bluers

There are plenty of SV's in I group and even a few in A. I personally have been passed by an SV and he was so quick by the time we hit the straight at North I couldn't even catch up. Very solid bikes and spares would be plentiful in the paddock.

rk97

Where are you located? If it has a title, I can ensure you make a tidy profit on that SV and make your track decision easier ��

I tracked an F2 for a season before selling it (wedding) and eventually buying a 600RR. I wish I had never sold the F2. It was cheap, fast, and completely capable for my ability level. Should have kept the F2 and ridden it into advanced group. Anyone can buy speed, but you can't buy skill.

rk97

PM sent. Long drive, but for the right price, I could make the trip before the end of the month.