which brake pads to get?

prankster624

I need to replace the brake pads on my 06 zx6r. I only use it for track days so I'm not worried about wearing down the rotors, I just want good stopping power. Which brake pads do you guys recommend? Thanks!

JGardy_781

Vesrah RJL, hands down.

I have the SRJLs, and they're nice, but not worth double the price from the RJLs. I've also used EBC and Ferodo in the past, but I didn't like them as much as the Vesrah's.

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
+1 for the Vesrah RJL. Heard the SRJL' s are good as well, but I heard from a couple people that they were not working well in the wet. Speculation was that they were not getting hot enough to work properly. Hopefully someone who has experience will chime in on that.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
I've used just about all of them and prefer the Vesrah RJL. You won't be dissappointed

stkr

I'm going to be a little different here...

Vesrah RJL

Okay, so I'm just a conformist, but they are good pads :cool:

Black Sheep

Really... wedding dresses on a sportbike forum??? I think most of us wouldn't marry a chick who wouldn't wear leathers to the ceremony...

Meat

For me the SRJL's had too much initial bite for my liking. I just couldn't get used to them. Now I have the SRJL XX and love them. No issues in the rain for me on the XX's.

Stall

SBS is the way to go... There top of the line pad has AMAZING feel an lasts forever seriously!

ronhix

unclepaulie;62162 wrote: SBS Dual Carbon race pads!!!
The SBS pads are used heavily in World Supersport and Superbike, they are also popular with several AMA riders.

The dual carbons SBS pads are good if you like a lot of feel for trail braking.

The dual sintered pads are good if you like a lot of bite and stopping power, especially good for liter bikes in my opinion.

Personally, I noticed that the SBS pads definitely cause less front wheel brake drag than many other pads.

Here's where I get my SBS pads from -> Lithium Motorsports.

KBacon

ronhix;62164 wrote: The SBS pads are used heavily in World Supersport and Superbike, they are also popular with several AMA riders.

The dual carbons SBS pads are good if you like a lot of feel for trail braking.

The dual sintered pads are good if you like a lot of bite and stopping power, especially good for liter bikes in my opinion.

Personally, I noticed that the SBS pads definitely cause less front wheel brake drag than many other pads.

Here's where I get my SBS pads from -> Lithium Motorsports.
I've been using EBC HHs for the last couple of years... and they worked ok.. but wanted something "better"... and after all my research & majority of the people suggesting Vesrah RJLs... I'd ordered a set of RJLs for the street/track bike... but it's been a few weeks and the vendor is still waiting on them to come in... but said that they have the SBS line of pads in stock. Does SBS offer a pad that's comparable to the RJL for a streel/track bike??? I'm in kind of a time crunch here now... and I could really use some pads for my track day at Barber on Mar 12/13... but I'm leaving Friday to head south on Mar 4 for Mardi Gras.. and hitting Barber "on the way back"...

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Gotta be some RJL's available somewhere.......I'd keep looking for them......and always keep a spare set in the parts box.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Smithereens;174906 wrote: Gotta be some RJL's available somewhere.......I'd keep looking for them......and always keep a spare set in the parts box.
Kurveygirl has them in stock, I just ordered a couple sets on Sunday and they shipped yesterday. She still has them for last year's pricing, too. I notice they've gone up quite a bit elsewhere...I expect her prices may increase soon as well...