which is better?

jimgl3

I used search first... I promise

which is better... PC or Teka box the stock ECM?

07gsxr750 Yosh R-55 ....still using stock air filter at the moment

guess I should add that there is a dead spot in the throttle response around 5-6k rpm that lasts about a 1/2 second. it's not bad, but why not fix it, right?

also what should shop charge to teka the stock ecm?

thanks in advance

jimgl3

never mind this post. just got the answer over on the WERA board.

(like anyone was going to answer anyway)

:eek:uttahere:

stow

Either the TEKA tune or the PC can be beneficial. The difference is that the PC allows for finer adjustment. Any tuner should be able to do the TEKA tune and let you know if there is an issue that needs a PC to fix. I know Huey at MARMO will not charge you extra for the PC run after doing a TEKA run as long as you buy the PC from him. I believe Charles at HFD1 will do the same. I would stick with the stock air filter, the after market filter isn't going to buy you much in terms of performance.

See someone did answer after all.

jimgl3

I knew you were a nice guy :haha:

i've got bigger problems now. went to remove the frame sliders to install the armour bodies and broke the bolt off in the motor. drilled it, then broke easy out off in the drilled bolt :banghead: bought diamond and tungsten bits today for the dremel... wish me luck

JVance

Some anti-sieze on the frame slider bolts is a good idea. Good luck getting it out. You will probably need a heli-coil for it once you get the bolt out.

jimgl3

JVance;9827 wrote: Some anti-sieze on the frame slider bolts is a good idea. Good luck getting it out. You will probably need a heli-coil for it once you get the bolt out.
I'm thinking I'm done w/ frame sliders. I'd rather have plastic rash than cracked, bent or broken frame/motor.:dunno:

greeny

frame sliders aren't designed to protect ur plastics, they're meant to take a beating for, well... the frame. (and engine, too :D)

physicistkev

Control Rider
Sun/Mon. One south one north. Should get there around 2pm on Sat. I am trying to pit with Troy/Landshark with his new toy hauler. So look for the POS little trailer next to the shinny new toy hauler. Or, you could just look for the old ass bike :dunno: