Who's planning on Thunderbolt 11/05/12

pistol

Too cold for these bones.....tires will take too long to warm up and the last time I went it was about the same temp and there was plenty of accidents.....................Good luck

Nesba

pistol;258321 wrote: Too cold for these bones.....tires will take too long to warm up and the last time I went it was about the same temp and there was plenty of accidents.....................Good luck

Q2's or any Street/Track Day tire will warm up much quicker than race tires. I tested at NY Safety track in 60 degrees and wet with NTEC's with no issues. All you need to do is take your time and let everything warm up.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Another thing you can do is run your tires like 1 pound lower in pressure.
Should not bother they way they wear all that much, or negatively impact handling, but they will have a little more carcass flex to generate heat as well as a slightly larger contact patch for traction.

SpeedTriple

I'm planning on Thunderbolt next monday, I'm going to be riding my 3 seater waverunner, anyone want to go along as passenger.

SGT-CHAOS

SpeedTriple;258735 wrote: I'm planning on Thunderbolt next monday, I'm going to be riding my 3 seater waverunner, anyone want to go along as passenger.
lol, Make sure you tape up the mirrors and put a number on it, don't get any ideas on an "A" sticker just yet. lol, I wonder if they'll still host these upcoming track days.

kubricky

Control Rider
Director
looking forward to it...the weather is looking pretty god for a fall TD, bring thermal underwear.

As the weather gets colder (especially way up north where there may be many days of freezing temps) do not load your bike and leave it in the trailer prior to the TD. Once you've finished for the season, try to get right to the preventative stuff. Oil, clean, lube, as necessary so that you can store without worry. Drain as much gas as possible, put a trickle charger on the battery (lead acid) in the bike, or bring race batteries into the home. For those running water or substitute, and without a garage, time to swap for the winter friendly stuff...Hope to see you out there this weekend, if you can't make it, use some of the time to prep for the winter and 6 months without riding your machine.

greyarea

I'm looking hard at Monday now, looks like I'll be there. Wonder if Sandy did any damage, NJMP will be open for business this weekend?

dk38

The Millville/Vineland area was not hit hard so I hope the track did not suffer any serious damage.

andykurz

Chris - Is it safe to assume that NJMP is running and it will be business as usual this weekend?

I see they have a FB and Twitter feed - no news on there yet.

andykurz

Just posted on FB:

"Pleased to report no serious Hurricane Sandy damage at NJMP, although the main entrance has acquired a new lake! Our thoughts are with those dealing with the effects of the storm throughout the region, especially at New Jersey's shore points."

greyarea

It's definitely bad to see what the northeastern shores have gone through.

As far as Tbolt on Monday for me.... game on

dk38

Another uncertainty because of sandy is the availability of gasoline. Apparently many stations in NJ either have no power or are running out of gas. I wonder if the stations around NJMP will have anything left come this weekend...

andykurz

Absolute just cancelled their day on Saturday on Thunderbolt. I am not sure if it was related to ACE (low turnout?) or NJMP (Sandy-related?). I've asked, but have not heard a response.

More of an FYI.

greyarea

Millville has no issue with gasoline right now according to the chamber of commerce. They said it's further up north where the problems are. There's 93 at the track too, at least the last time I was there so in a pinch there's fuel for the truck. It's pricey...

GriffinD

Wish I could've made it down today. Chilly but, a beautiful day out. Unfortunately, "Sandy" kicked our ass out here. Hope everyone has a great time!

greyarea

What an excellent trackday it was, makeup of the riders called for an open track format... all day. Sun came out by 11 and track got warm enough to make the knee pucks earn their pay. Having a hard time walking this morning, hurts so good lol. NESBA staff did a first-class job, thanks guys!