Who's up for a private school with Nick Ienatsch?

slowpoke

I just spoke with Dan Short who is Nick's right hand man at the Yamaha Champions School. Dan let me know that there will be additional dates in Oct, Nov and Dec in Las Vegas.

He also said that if we could get 20 riders together, he would pack up the trailers, coaches. and a big name rider from AMA to do a private school for nesbians (or their friends). Options for tracks in October or November would be Road Atlanta, VIR, or Barber and would depend on schedule and he's willing to do it on a weekend.

I realize it would take a lot of coordinating to get a date nailed down, but thought it would be worth exploring. If we did it locally, they would allow for riders to bring their own bikes provided they could pass tech. Either way, I'm going to do it but would be more fun to do it on the East Coast for me.

Post up if interested or have questions --

here is the link to the school who's home track is at Miller in Utah -

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/program/yamaha-champions-school/

slowpoke

school is usually $2k for 2 day program. looks like a flat rate for the group so w/ 20 riders about $1750 for 2 days- more riders would obviously drop the cost.

might be a long shot for this year but he's going to provide some dates for early November and see if it works. if not, we can definitely get something for next season.

slowpoke

Fastguy;82600 wrote: Chris,

When you say the east coast which track would that be on?

Options for tracks in October or November would be Road Atlanta, VIR, or Barber and would depend on schedule and he's willing to do it on a weekend.

I guess that's more southeast, but for next year i know a good number of people who would do it at Tbolt.

Indy1098

I am interested, especially if we do it at Barber or Road Atlanta. Nick was at a trackday I attended at Mid-ohio this summer doing some promotional work for Buell. He gave a few classroom seminars in between sessions which I thought were really informative. Also, it was amazing how fast and smooth he was out there.

gixxercurt

more like what level are you gona be after two days... im glad some of you boys have got it like that but for 2g or even 1750 if it was me i would spend it on trackdays or better parts.

speed=comfort/confidence=seat time

i can't see it being worth the money, there is only so much you can cram in you head in two days.

slowpoke

lots of ways to look at it and 2Gs is a ton of loot. but, i've seen guys come back from these 2 day schools completely different riders that i used to be able to keep up with and now i have no chance. Damn you VJ!:banghead:

my justification (to get my girl to sign-off on it) is that if it saves me a bad crash it more than paid for itself. but again, that's to get permission from the boss.

jimmeigs

gixxercurt;82708 wrote: more like what level are you gona be after two days... im glad some of you boys have got it like that but for 2g or even 1750 if it was me i would spend it on trackdays or better parts.

i can't see it being worth the money, there is only so much you can cram in you head in two days.
I've attended several of Nick's classes when he was with Freddie and each time I came away a better rider. There were riders of all skill levels, NESBA control riders, national champions with CCS, WERA and even AMA and every single one gained skill sets from the class. Not worth it? It was the best use of "motorcycle money" for me and most others who have attended his classes.

If you have the time and the cash, by all means invest it in this training.

gixxercurt

slowpoke_r1;82711 wrote: my justification (to get my girl to sign-off on it) is that if it saves me a bad crash it more than paid for itself. but again, that's to get permission from the boss.
i'm sure you know that your never guaranteed not to crash, even if it is a private lesson.

jimmeigs;82714 wrote:
If you have the time and the cash, by all means invest it in this training.
I agree that it would be a great learning experience, all i'm saying is the avg guy can't spend that kind of money and still have extra to put towards track days or race wknds to actually practice and perfect that $2000 worth of instruction they were just taught.(big run-on)
so like i said if you've got it like that I'm happy for you. i know you'll definitely see a big improvement.

slowpoke

gixxercurt;82729 wrote: i'm sure you know that your never guaranteed not to crash, even if it is a private lesson.
think you're missing my point. MUST manipulate my woman using Jedi mind tricks so I can spend stupid amounts of money on credit cards to do things that are totally unnecessary but fun as hell.

haven't found the no crashing guaranteed ad yet but i'm still on the lookout.:D

Bucky Badger

gixxercurt;82708 wrote: more like what level are you gona be after two days... im glad some of you boys have got it like that but for 2g or even 1750 if it was me i would spend it on trackdays or better parts.

Speed + mistakes + seat time = perfecting mistakes

I went to Nick's school when he was at Freddie and came away a MUCH better rider.

In 2007 I got into the A group and was running around doing 17's at Blackhawk like my hair was on fire...and all out of shape on the bike. At the end of that year I went to Heartland Park and ended up putting the bike down at about 90mph in turn 10 (the bike was not pretty!) I had the feeling that if I continued along my current path, I was in for ALOT more crashes.

Ron Hix who had been to the school 3 previous times convinced me to go with him to the school in January 2008...as I sat there and they spoke...I thought to myself....SO THATS HOW YOU RIDE A BIKE!!! It truly was like epiphany...I finally understood.

Now...the concepts that they teach you are NOT simple and it does take you awhile to apply them to your riding. If you work at it though and keep the faith you will be rewarded with being able to ride better, safer, and faster than you ever have.

In 2009 I'm still crash free (except the one time I fell off the bike in a race after getting slammed into by another rider) and now run in the 10's at Blackhawk and do it without drama and being all out of shape. This improvement is not just limited to Blackhawk either...I have traveled to other tracks and have been very fast also.

I have NEVER regretted going to that school for one second. In fact...next year I will be headed back again and will not even blink giving them the money...because in the end, I know it pays dividends.

The school caters to many different skill levels and I would say that anyone from Intermediate riders to Expert Racers would benefit from what the school has to offer.