Why do u ride?

SHADER

Hey all,
just wondering why some of us do what we do?
Read that new book "bodies in motion" and ,
well wow lots of science.so i figured if some
of u fine people wouldn't mind helping satisfy
my curiousity's in a simpler fashion.

Question is :why do we ride sportbikes and do track days?
After all there is inherent risks of course .whats it mean to u?
With the exception of
practice for racing of course.thank you all for time and opinions.

Take care
be safe

jaminR6

^++1 that is the reason now. Before I came to the track, i guess my motivation was being able to drag a knee going 100+ mph.:wow:

rk97

because the fun is worth the risks. i'd be all kinds of cranky if I didn't ride on the track. And it's downright fulfilling to ride a fast lap (or better yet, fast session, fast day, or fast weekend).

why we find it fun, and others don't is hard to figure out. I think it's a lot like having a favorite food. when we go out to dinner, Sara wants ice cream after dinner. i'd rather have another steak. different people crave different things. I crave trackday.

Rick Johnson

It's a blast.I just love it.It's a heck of a rush.I think about it all the time.I have dreams about
riding on the track alot.If I think about it before trying to go to sleep it keeps me up for another
hour.I'm starting to wonder if I have a problem.I'm hooked bad.

LesPow

Control Rider
I was watching Nitro circus last night, and wanted to try most of the stunts. The extreme ones, and it seems that I have always been this way, always doing sports, and riding motorcycles. Started w/BMX and ramps. Funny thing is I'm kinda scared of riding dirt cus' I feel out of control and nervous like a "B" group rider would on his/her first time on track. But that feeling wont last too long as the dirt riding will be explored more this year.

Fastguy

Beside the fact that it's extremely fun. The level of concentration it takes to hit apexes and turn points its an escape from the daily grind. Its a legal way to free my mind from work and life's little worries.

I love it

justariot66

Well its not to pick up chicks most events are a sausage factory.

BUT I ride for the joy of it. The inside pass is awesome (cant do it in Nesba) and the joy of riding around the outside is too cool. Its the ultimate "show me the money" moment.

liteitup

Rick Johnson;52399 wrote: It's a blast.I just love it.It's a heck of a rush.I think about it all the time.I have dreams about
riding on the track alot.If I think about it before trying to go to sleep it keeps me up for another
hour.I'm starting to wonder if I have a problem.I'm hooked bad.
:agree: Couldn't have said it better. I feel the same way.

geckert

I am going to the track because I am tired of this. Plus I can never do what I want on the streets, hopefully on the track I can push myself and my bike.