Why NESBA is a Premier Org - VIR 8/23

worldrider929

I met the epitome of what makes NESBA so great last Monday at VIR - and it wasn't a CR this time LOL- it was RICK211.

After having a get off in the morning and returning from the ride of shame to the paddock - with my head held low, disgusted and feeling like shit - I rolled the shambled bike onto the trailer and prepared to call it a day.:doh:

As I was strapping the bike down and preparing to leave, Rick walks over and literally pulls me from the brink.

He asks me what happened and if I am ok. I explained that I was fine but that I was going to call it a day because the bike was F'd up and in pieces.

Rick looks at the disgust and disappointment in my facial expression, he looks over the bike and he asks me "Do you want to ride today". I am thinking to myself, "What a dumb question. Of course I want to ride. But I can't because of the F'd up bike".

Rick says to me, ". . . because we may be able to fix it".

He convinces me to unstrap it and pull it off the trailer.

Next, he brings over his tool box, and with the precision of a surgeon, he systematically works with me to repair the entire bike - he does this during the time when he isn't riding in the "A" group (while he and the rest of the"A" riders should be resting) and during the entire lunch break - while keeping track of his three children!

The bike passed tech and I was able to finish out the day.

What's more, Rick took the time to watch me and the bike when I was back out on the track. At one point, I made a very clear mistake going into turn 4 - and I knew it.

When I get back to the paddock, guess who is waiting there ready to offer instruction on that mistake and generally on how to improve my riding?

The fact is that Rick didn't have to do any of this . . . but he did . . . and I thank him again here.

I will never forget his reply whenever I would thank him or offer to pay him for his repairs: ". . . no problem, any day that you can ride is a good day . . . who knows, I may need help from someone one day."

Wow, that's what being a part of the NESBA family is all about.

I don't know about Rick's riding skills because I have never ridden with him in the A group, but regarding knowledge and going the extra mile to help out fellow Nesbians . . . this guy is the epitome of what NESBA is all about . . . it's because of people like him that I enjoy riding with NESBA and I keep coming back.

Any head CRs reading this? You all need to give this guy a look!

Thanks for all the help RICK211. . . you're a great NESBIAN! :cool:

RICK211

hey man thanks !!!! it was all i could to help a a brother out you know , when i saw the bike all i could think about is man thats not that bad i said to self , we need to get to work so my brother can ride and have a good day like we all plan on having , so agai it was my pleasuer to help out :rolleyes::D

ROCKIT

Awesome job NESBA guys. Having a little help and advice makes all the difference. I am new to NESBA but I'll tell you what, it's an awesome thing to be around so many other riders who offer encouragement, help etc... Love it.

RICK211

ROCKIT;148408 wrote: Awesome job NESBA guys. Having a little help and advice makes all the difference. I am new to NESBA but I'll tell you what, it's an awesome thing to be around so many other riders who offer encouragement, help etc... Love it.
:agree:

2trill357

:adore: Rick the world would be that much better if there were more with your mindset! You could've easily said "see ya later", but instead you acted selflessly and assisted your fellow Nesbian. I personally applaud you! :congrats:

LesPow

Control Rider
Thats Rick, always willing to help. He has helped me out more than a gazillion times. He also introduced me to Track Days with Nesba. He is like the father of our little crew. Taught me alot about riding.
Rick your the man, and Thank you too.

vanbreezy

That is the Rick I know and love. He has worked on all of the bikes in our crew to help one of us get back on the Track. Good work Rick:congrats:

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
Awesome Rick! I had a similar crash a couple years ago and Big Jim helped me out in the same way. I try to pass it along as well. Good people in this org!

LesPow

Control Rider
jcurtis;148514 wrote: Awesome Rick! I had a similar crash a couple years ago and Big Jim helped me out in the same way. I try to pass it along as well. Good people in this org!
Yes J.C. Big "Jim" Thunder has helped me plenty also, both cut from the same cloth. Aspire to be like them, and to all the others I have not met or know Thank you.
Yes Lenny you too!! and Perlzuki, and Snooki xxx love u. Hahaha