Why Yamaha Champions School?

Cyclepath

I'll tell you why...... Nick and Ken, thats why.... Those guys are the best teachers i have ever worked with... FS School Grad Spring 2008 Magna Kum Laude

stkr

Graduating class of May 2010 @ NJMP here. Worth EVERY penny! Not only a great class, but getting to ride the new R-6 was icing on the cake.

Thanks again to YCRS! :cool:

I still think about the "Trailbraking with the rear only", and the "Championship Lap" drills. Good stuff. I loved the cone drills through the corners too, but Tommy Aquino might have a second opinion since I kicked one up and almost took him out with it. LOL!

beac83

It's a great class, and now I'm famous! That grin on my face says a lot!

Thanks to Ken, Nick and YCRS I'm riding a lot better this season.

ronhix

Freddie Spencer graduate back in 2005, 2006 and 2007 when these guys were the instructors there.

Participated in the VIR S.E.D. with YCRS in 2010. Could not recommend this school and these guys more highly.

I'm nothing special at all. Yet, I have been able to win several expert championships and compete in several AMA Superbike nationals as a direct result of applying what these guys teach.

It simply works. And the faster you go, the better it works.

If you want to be a more skilled, better, safer, faster and more consist rider then THIS is the place to invest your hard earned funds. Period.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
stow;204096 wrote: VIR North, Barber, or Road Atlanta. Someone (DJ) make it happen.
Hey Shane,

I know it's a haul..but after riding NJMP for the first time on a nice day on the 18th...even if it were at NJMP again..I'd say it would be worth it. Thunderbolt's a BLAST!

I had to miss this year's NJMP class due to family reasons. If there's a date for YCRS anywhere from New Jersey to the Florida Keys next year..I'll find a way to get there.

stow

D-Zum;204122 wrote: Hey Shane,

I know it's a haul..but after riding NJMP for the first time on a nice day on the 18th...even if it were at NJMP again..I'd say it would be worth it. Thunderbolt's a BLAST!

I had to miss this year's NJMP class due to family reasons. If there's a date for YCRS anywhere from New Jersey to the Florida Keys next year..I'll find a way to get there.
Between the cost of the school, the cost of travel, and time off, NJMP would be a little tough for me to justify. Not impossible to justify, but Road Atlanta or Barber would be a lot easier to manage.

gkotlin

Why YCRS?

Thanks to their teachings, some diligence, practice and some small suspension changes, I've dropped over 4 Seconds at my home track on the tired old SV! Each time I go out, I make improvements and drop my personal best lap time. This last race weekend, my first flying lap of the day was the fastest of my career by over a half second! Times dropped a little more throughout that race besting my last showing by a total of 1.1 seconds! I regularly get compliments from other race competitors on how smooth and precise I ride, or how they can't believe the pass I made and how well it was executed. It's one thing to feel like you're riding better. But nothing makes you feel better about yourself then having your competition pay you compliments and tell you how much they enjoy riding with you.

Thank you to the YCRS staff.

That is all.........

stkr

I attended the YCRS in May of 2010. I learned quite a bit and it helped me to get past a few trouble spots and improve my riding. Thanks YCRS!

Yesterday (8/26), I was inspecting my brake pads after lunch and discovered that they only had "about" 1/16" of pad left and the rotor had some groves in them. I guess the new to me GSXR-750 uses pads faster than my old 600.

I pulled myself out of CR'ing in the I-group, and went down to CR the B-group since there's less braking involved.

I remembered doing a drill at YCRS that had us do laps around NJMP Thunderbolt utilizing ONLY the rear brake. It was based on being able to at least finish a race if your front brakes failed.

I went out and was able to CR the whole afternoon using only the rear brake. Yes, it's NOT a natural feeling and it requires you to plan far ahead for your braking and have gentle touch when trailing into an apex, but it is possible.

Thank you YCRS for teaching me something that I "thought" I would never use, but did.
:cool:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dug2

ronhix;204091 wrote: Freddie Spencer graduate back in 2005, 2006 and 2007 when these guys were the instructors there.

Participated in the VIR S.E.D. with YCRS in 2010. Could not recommend this school and these guys more highly.

I'm nothing special at all. Yet, I have been able to win several expert championships and compete in several AMA Superbike nationals as a direct result of applying what these guys teach.

It simply works. And the faster you go, the better it works.

If you want to be a more skilled, better, safer, faster and more consist rider then THIS is the place to invest your hard earned funds. Period.
said like a kind and humble gentleman.