Will a bent brake lever pass tech

thull25

A guy recently pushed my bike over and i was planning on going to BHF this weekend. When it fell it bent the brake lever out and down a bit. Nothing snapped and it still works fine but i was wondering if it would pass tech being it is bent out of shape???

gkotlin

Hard to say without seeing it. It could be cracked or weakened and you don't realize it. Brakes are kind of important, so why take the chance. It's Tuesday AM, you have plenty of time. Get one ordered!

eE jeremy

What bike is it for, if it's something common somebody probably has one in their spare parts bin you could buy

thull25

Its a 2003 R6 stock OEM brake. Everywhere i have looked online has 4-7 buisness day shipping. And i dont want to pay a rediculous price for overnight.

Matt

Call the trackdaystore, Brian should be able to get one in time and we can bring it (or all 3 you'll order!) to the track for you.

gkotlin

Call any of the big shops and see who has a distribution center local to the midwest.

You're Yamaha dealer can't get an oem one by the weekend?
If they can't, I'd assume they could get it from Parts Unlimited, they are in Wi.
Or Western Power Sports, not sure where they are
or any of the others. Call them, but don't wait till to late in the day. Most orders have to be in by 3:00 PM.

gkotlin

Matt;198153 wrote: Call the trackdaystore, Brian should be able to get one in time and we can bring it (or all 3 you'll order!) to the track for you.
Or that.
If they have any of the distributor accounts, they'll have it in time. Especially Parts Unlimited.

Gorecki

Waking this one back up to ask what's the usual recommendation for a replacement for a broken OE lever. Just go with OE or is there some favorite aftermarket? Mine has the little 6 position dial and I'm not lookin to throw out $200 for fancy CNC anodized stuff.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Years ago I replaced a clutch lever on my GSXR750 with an EMGO Lever. I didn't see any difference between the EMGO and the OEM lever, and it was very reasonably priced.

If you can find a distributor of EMGO parts, I think that would suit your needs.

gkotlin

Go with OEM or name brand stuff. I've seen to many strange issues or easily broken import knock offs.

Gorecki

Thanks Darrin and Greg. I looked through EMGO catalog and they didn't list levers for my machine. I'm pretty sure it's not that some other year isn't the same, but didn't see it straight away.

Strongly considering Motion Pro at the moment ONLY because they actually use the words 'OE replacement'. They're more expensive then many I'm finding but I don't want junk or something that doesn't properly fit, and it's really hard to know that if ordered blindly. My rear brake lever went too but my rearset's are woodcraft using the OE levers, so that was a no brainer, just getting the woodcraft lever. ;)