will a stunted tank pass stt or nesba tech?

gixxercurt

stunted tank, pass or fail tech?... dont hassel me about the tank being dented bought it from repo auction and other parts came first....besides, "it makes me more arrow dynamic when i fight, shows i can take danger!" :doh:

JRA

Does it hold fuel? No leaks and the damage is only cosmetic? If the answer to those questions is yes then I would say the answer to your question is probably yes. If it's really badly crushed and looks like it's going to rupture in the tiniest tip over then I would say the answer to your question is probably no.

07yzfr1

JRA;45004 wrote: Just curious...Am I supposed to know who Jason Britton is?
haha, YES! He's like the most famous stunter out there and is on the show 'superbikes', I didn't know who he was til that show, lol.

I guess you didn't get the memo. Superbikes cannot be watched by track day enthusiansts...it will melt our brains due to its celebration of the 'layers of retardedness'.

:p

In fact, I think Superbikes has been sponsering AMA TV lately, would explain alot.

BZ

BigKid

I made it on that show a couple years ago.

Oooops, forgot I was not suppose to admit that.

PJZOCC624

^ A self-outing requires full disclosure for those of us not in "the know".....

Curt, post a pic of the tank, it might help.

BigKid

OK, my 5 seconds of fame was me dragging knee at deals gap through 3 corners on my R1 track bike. It was during the R1 forum week long yearly event when Jason Britten came to film. The funniest part of the whole weekend was when my R1 broke down and I had to borrow a buddies GSXR1000 to run back to get my truck. Jason and crew had just left the point filming. I started picking off riders in their group until they pulled over and turned around to re-film. Apparently they did not appreciate the GSXR passing all the Yamaha's or the stars of the show. I got some pretty dirty glances when they pulled over.

rk97

"Superbikes" isn't ALL bad. they did an episode where they follow a privateer racer through a couple AMA weekends. I can't remember who it was... but he was on a GSXR. the race bike died, and they swapped in the engine from his street bike like 40 minutes before the race.

Another time they had a Kawasaki demo day at Road Atlanta(?). Ricky Gadsen was killing everyone - turned out he was running supercorsas, and the rest of the bikes had Rosso's or something less sticky.

oh, and the tank should pass tech :p

stow

rk97;46208 wrote: "Superbikes" isn't ALL bad. they did an episode where they follow a privateer racer through a couple AMA weekends. I can't remember who it was... but he was on a GSXR. the race bike died, and they swapped in the engine from his street bike like 40 minutes before the race.
I believe that was Robert Jensen. That is the only Superbikes episode that I have watched.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
There is another one where they take some people from different cycling fields (stunt, race, supermoto) and allow them to try each field out...that one wasn't bad

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
I don't watch the show, but can appreciate the bike control, skills, and practice needed to do most of those stunts. Can't stand the retards that do it on the street and make us all seem like hooligans.

As for the tank, I don't see why it wouldn't pass tech. Expect some finger pointing, snickering, and strange looks, though.

ninjamansc;46239 wrote: I don't watch the show, but can appreciate the bike control, skills, and practice needed to do most of those stunts. Can't stand the retards that do it on the street and make us all seem like hooligans.

As for the tank, I don't see why it wouldn't pass tech. Expect some finger pointing, snickering, and strange looks, though.
I can relate to the finger pointing. The PO of the bike I have put on chrome wheels.

The few track days I've done so far I ALWAYS get asked by either a CR or fellow riders:

"Did you put those on"?

"No, that was the previous owner".

I then get a nod of acceptance or a "that's good" LOL!

So now all we need is gixxercurt and me to pit together at NJMP, get a couple pitbulls, and a few scantily clad women and we can make a rap video between sessions!:D

BZ

vanelli56

crewnutz;46248 wrote: negative................it was Scott Jensen
Yah... that was actually a good episode.

The show is hit or miss, but has an entertainment value if you take it with a grain of salt.

The funny part is....when us track day riders see all the episodes about stunters, we turn the channel.
Like wise, when a GOOD episode comes on about racing/trackdays, they most likely turn the channel.....
Go figure...

As far as the tank goes... as long as its in mechanically working order you should be fine...

But just make sure if some one asks about why your tank looks that way.... just look at them with a straight face and say....By pressing it in, and taking away some volume, it adds extra fuel pressure to the injectors, adding about 5 hp when you have a full tank. :notsure:
Then just point and laugh!:haha:

avizpls

#11-A
ninjamansc;46239 wrote: Can't stand the retards that do it on the street and make us all seem like hooligans.
....my bad
:D

I watch the show because its on speed. And if ITS on speed, then racing is not. Thus, Superbikes is probably the next best thing on TV