Will this pass tech?

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
I'd prefer clear tubing to be able to visibly ensure the fluid level. It does actually work? If so it should pass.

WolfKnife

Thanks Dave. When I put the bolt in, some fluid came out so I know its filled. Never use the rear, but will double check it to be 110%.

matt2212

As Dave said a clear tube would be better. Also you should have a little room for expansion so when things heat up you don't pressurize the system. Think upper and lower levels on the front brake reservoir. The only reason I mention that is you said when the bolt went in some fluid came out, telling me there is no room for expansion. That may cause your rear break to drag as things get warm, making more heat and worsening the problem

Just a thought.. have fun be safe!

dbakerpa

I have a couple of rear resevoirs for SV that would work if you need one. I will send it free. I hate to see a problem arise and wreck your day.

Ruhe52

That cap on there needs some air space under it and to be vented. If you put the bolt in and fluid came out plus no vent at all you could have issues. One. Clear hose two longer and only about 2/3rds full then drill a tiny hole through the bolt top to bottom and you should be good to go.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
+3 on clear tubing which should be relatively inexpensive ~ don't play with your brakes...

WolfKnife

Thanks for the info. I have a rear master to put on. I have just seen a few bikes at the track use this kind of setup and thought I would do it as well. Thanks Again!

JVance

Use the reservoir. As Rhue stated for this to work somewhat correctly the tube has to be vented. Venting the tube will allow the fluid to draw moisture which is not particularly a good thing. The diaphram in the reservoir separates the fluid from the air and still allows the venting effect. You don't hear of many problems with this because typically the rear brake isn't used. I have no idea why anyone would do this anyway. It serves no gainful purpose. A few grams of weight is not keeping you from going faster.

Ruhe52

John, there are ways to make it work but that is secret sauce. What is the purpose you ask. Well anyone that has messed with a rear res on a gixer knows it is a pain in the ass. So are hondas thus the way it is done here. It is not for weight or frankly even looks just convenience.