will zx10 rotors bolt up to zx6 rims

kalexander1133

Hello, hoping someone knows if newer zx10r rotors will bolt up to zx6r rims???
I am trying to set up a spare set of rims for my 2013 636... The wheels, and bearings from 05 and up will bolt up fine. I also know 05 and up rotors will bolt up to 2013 rims. So I have purchased a set of used 05 rims for my spares. Only problem is older zx6's have 300 mm rotors and the new 636s are 310.... Newer zx10 rotors are 310 mm I believe, but have different part #s then the 636s... Does anyone know if zx10 rotors will bolt up to zx6 rims??

Thank-you for any help, Kyle

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
First you want to make sure the wheel will work. And it sounds like it should/would/could.But bolting it up to the bike (sans rotors) will be the determining factor.

Then, the issue is the rotors..the smaller size of the older rotors will probably not work due to the 10mm
difference. I'd suggest seeing if your 636 rotors fit on the spare wheel..if so, then sell the old 300mm rotors and see if you can find some OEM 310 rotors to fit the second set of wheels. If you cannot find any, then consider some aftermarket rotors to compliment your primary wheel setup.