wilwood

eE jeremy

Why do you need one? If that valve fails and keeps the brakes on you're in big trouble on a motorcycle. If you don't like how your brake lever feels upgrade your master cylinder IMO.

avizpls

#11-A
or flush and bleed it with fresh fluid and see if that helps. On such a smaller system than car brakes, with fewer losses.....id probably pass on this.

I'm looking for faster response from the brakes. I was clued into this idea by another rider with a handicap, so it must be working for him. I'd really like to see what one of the big bore Brembo systems feels like.:notsure:

avizpls;219193 wrote: or flush and bleed it with fresh fluid and see if that helps. On such a smaller system than car brakes, with fewer losses.....id probably pass on this.
Thanks, just refitted twin Spiegler hose up front. Bled during installation and (as I always do) the next afternoon. Yinzers . . . :D

eE jeremy

daddyfriedrich;219320 wrote: I'm looking for faster response from the brakes. I was clued into this idea by another rider with a handicap, so it must be working for him. I'd really like to see what one of the big bore Brembo systems feels like.:notsure:
If your brake system is working correctly there wont be a delayed response. My fear with you adding this is you're just trying to cover up another issue like a worn out master cylinder. I'd suggest trying a brembo 19x18 master and see what that feels like, I'm guessing you'll find it feels perfect and doesn't need anything to "take up the slack" in the lever.

Hawaiif4i

daddyfriedrich;219320 wrote: I'm looking for faster response from the brakes. I was clued into this idea by another rider with a handicap, so it must be working for him. I'd really like to see what one of the big bore Brembo systems feels like.:notsure:
Pull faster :D

physicistkev

Control Rider
I would have to agree with the dissenting opinion on this. I don't see any upside to using these on a motorcycle brake. This is really an anti-backflow device. Not really meant to keep some charge in the line, just to keep the fluid from flowing back into the master cylinder for applications where the master cylinder is below the bulk of the brake fluid in the system. This is most certainly not the case if your bike is rubber side down.

physicistkev

Control Rider
After writing the above response I went back and noticed you just put on the Speigler lines. Let me ask if you can explain the delay you referencing? Is it, I squeeze the lever and nothing happens for a second or I squeeze the lever and I get a minimal amount of braking force? Also, if you pump the brake, does the lever stiffen up a decent amount, or after pumping the lever is the resistance point in the lever motion at the same point in lever stroke?

Kevin