Winter storage

JBowen33

This question probably had been asked a million times but this is my first season with a pure track oriented bike. My question is what should I do to my tires over the winter? I have always keep my bikes on stands but due to my living situation the bike stays in my trailer on the pit bull restraint system . I do not have enough room in the trailer to put it on stands nor would I want to due to the possiblity of it falling over in there. Now I live in Lousianna so sub freezing temps are only a hand full of days over the winter and the bike is only in "winter storage" for about two months to three months. The weather is mostly nice into December and gets nice again around mid march. I have a set of Dunlop q2s that have one track day on them. I am just worried about flat spots and/or something happening to the compounds. Any input would be great thank you!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
As someone who's personally tried saving a few bucks and running a rear tire longer than it should have, and crashing as a result....

I'm a fan of if you doubt it, replace it. Tires aren't cheap, but it's a helluva lot cheaper (And far less painless on you and your bike) to replace a tire than crash because it was too far worn.

However, in your case, you'll be fine. If you still want to replace em come spring time, give them to me... I'll run 'em. :D

JBowen33

Otto Man;294540 wrote: As someone who's personally tried saving a few bucks and running a rear tire longer than it should have, and crashing as a result....

I'm a fan of if you doubt it, replace it. Tires aren't cheap, but it's a helluva lot cheaper (And far less painless on you and your bike) to replace a tire than crash because it was too far worn.

However, in your case, you'll be fine. If you still want to replace em come spring time, give them to me... I'll run 'em. :D
Haha I think ill run them... This sport has cut enough into my paycheck then to be handing out freebies... Truly is an addiction more then it is a hobbies that's for sure