Winter Training Opportunities

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
With the TD season winding down, I'm exploring opportunities to continue training in the offseason. Can anyone that has done Cornerspin and/or the Slide Ranch weigh in on the pros and cons of each/either? I'm looking for education that can be applied to road racing, not flat track specific training.

Besides general riding, are there any other great training opportunities I should be aware of?

Also, I tried to catch as many people as I could in the paddock, but thanks to all the N2 staff, the CRs, and all the fellow members that made this season safe, fun, and educational. Have a great winter.

bmart

Control Rider
Seat Time. Not sure where you are, but you're always welcome to ride with me out of central or western NC. I run frequent street rides right from my door, mountain rides out of Morganton/Marion, and dirt rides around Uhwarrie, Marion/Morganton, and Love Valley. Just fun. No stupid stuff.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
I have a couple friends that had a blast at corner spin. Said it helped them a lot with getting more comfortable at the limits of grip obviously. I’d consider that two day class. The price is really cheap when you consider the bikes and gear are included. Was less than $1k last time I looked. Like $6-700.

JenningsGP in north Florida has shifted into high gear and will be open all winter. Check their calendar for dates.

Jacky has had to more strictly enforce the 104dB limit in recent years so there’s that.

Probably not near as much fun as dirt bikes with bmart but Jennings will keep your eyes quick, get new parts and/or settings worked out and keep your body position tuned up.

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Seat Time. Not sure where you are, but you're always welcome to ride with me out of central or western NC. I run frequent street rides right from my door, mountain rides out of Morganton/Marion, and dirt rides around Uhwarrie, Marion/Morganton, and Love Valley. Just fun. No stupid stuff.

Coastal VA. Was trying to make it down to ya last winter, but I need to find some dirtbikes. What do you recommend for that terrain? Been looking at mostly XR100s.

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have a couple friends that had a blast at corner spin. Said it helped them a lot with getting more comfortable at the limits of grip obviously. I’d consider that two day class. The price is really cheap when you consider the bikes and gear are included. Was less than $1k last time I looked. Like $6-700.

Yah I shot them a message and haven't heard back, so going to call today.

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
JenningsGP in north Florida has shifted into high gear and will be open all winter. Check their calendar for dates.

Jacky has had to more strictly enforce the 104dB limit in recent years so there’s that.

Probably not near as much fun as dirt bikes with bmart but Jennings will keep your eyes quick, get new parts and/or settings worked out and keep your body position tuned up.

Plan is to head that way in Feb, hope to see you there.

bmart

Control Rider
Coastal VA. Was trying to make it down to ya last winter, but I need to find some dirtbikes. What do you recommend for that terrain? Been looking at mostly XR100s.
We go on "public" roads, so the bikes we use have to be road legal and insured. There are a lot of guys on here who ride strictly dirt bikes. Maybe they will chime in.

bmart

Control Rider
"What kind of a fool would own only four bikes?" lol Of course, I wouldn't mind being able to walk around my garage one day.

bmart

Control Rider
You could always go on a trip!

Iceland?
https://ridewithlocals.is/

New Zealand?

Baja has tons of them.
Here

Gravelmap will provide you with endless joy.

aholdren787

Just rode mx today with the kid. Monday ride with a group at vir. Next weekend ride ncbike then back to mx till spring TD start back. Fortunately we have indoor series in January