Wondering about the CRs

thesnowgod

I looked around but I couldn't find info on the CRs. I was just kinda wondering about them. Who are they? How did they become a CR? Are they prior racers or aspiring to be racers? Is this something you do for fun or do you get paid? (that could be personal, if so, sorry and ignore it) How many days a week do you dedicate to being a CR? Is it some type of full time job?

Sorry for all the questions but it seems the CRs are what make the TD experience so special and yet, I haven't been able to find out much about any of them.

Thanks!

TQuig

thesnowgod;11874 wrote: I looked around but I couldn't find info on the CRs. I was just kinda wondering about them. Who are they? How did they become a CR? Are they prior racers or aspiring to be racers? Is this something you do for fun or do you get paid? (that could be personal, if so, sorry and ignore it) How many days a week do you dedicate to being a CR? Is it some type of full time job?

Sorry for all the questions but it seems the CRs are what make the TD experience so special and yet, I haven't been able to find out much about any of them.

Thanks!
Bored at work so I'll reply. From the ones I know they riders like the rest of us, just a hell of alot faster!

Some were club and AMA racers, some are club and AMA racers, some never have raced a day in their life. They got this title by being rediculously fast AND being able/willing to try and teach us slo-pokes how to get around the track without killing ourselves. There are some that work for NESBA in other roles along with being CRs but the majority are volunteering their weekends to help us. They don't get paid but do get some other perks to offset to additional abuse they inflict on their personally-owned bikes while helping us (better discounts on parts and tires, although as members we get a hell of a discount anyways). Hands down the best group of people I have ever ridden with. I have yet to meet one that wasn't more than willing to offer advice and support to me or any other rider. Yes, sometimes you can't get them as often as you would like but we aren't paying for one-on-one instruction. They have always looked me up when they were free though and gave me the help I was seeking.

barry38

All I can divulge is that there is a goat invloved during the initiation. And it ain't pretty.:wow:

PJZOCC624

No they dont get paid, but some days... man they SHOULD! They spend ALOT of time and their own $$$ (gas, parts, time off work, etc...) to instruct and guide us. Since NESBA is a non-profit org, they depend on alot of volunteer hours from CRs, directors, and such.

Someone from NESBA was putting together a CR profile page (on the old bbs) but haven't seen much chatter about it lately. It would be nice to see something like that get into full swing.

"I gotta do something here. I still, I STILL can't BELIEVE it! I'm gonna give you your dream shot. I'm gonna send you up against the BEST. You two CHARACTERS..... are going to TOP GUN!"

kubricky

Control Rider
Director
The goat is actually not as bad as it sounds...don't let anyone scare you and don't let that keep you from being smooth! The goats name is fluffy just in case you are wondering...

thesnowgod

Great, I'm gonna be led around the track by a bunch of guys who sit around and drink, work for free and enjoy intimacy with farm animals...............

Sounds like a good time!! :D

barry38

thesnowgod;12119 wrote: Great, I'm gonna be led around the track by a bunch of guys who sit around and drink, work for free and enjoy intimacy with farm animals...............

Sounds like a good time!! :D
You don't know the half of it.

LOrtega

Control Rider
Were like the MOB you know who we are,
but the goverment cant prove a damm thing.

Some of us race or used to race but the majority of us are track day guys
who showed a real interest in helping others.

We dont get paid and all though many willl say not paying for track time is the
equivalent of being paid.

Many of us dont even get to enjoy all of our time because
we are off the track talking with members and helping them
thats the real reason we are there.

If you love to help people its a very thankful job.

NOW STOP ASKING QUESTIONS OR YOU'LL END UP SWIMMING WITH THE FISHES!!!!!

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
I think you guys all have crashed way to many times and had too many impacts to the head!! :banghead:

danrivito

It's an elite group.

These guys grew up together.

Battled the every day struggles of livin life on the streets.

They've seen the worst.

I heard most of them have been shot... some up to 9 times.

These rida's are the real deal.

Here... I found some old pictures from back in the day.....

wiggers.jpg

wiggers.jpg

wiggers.jpg

:D